Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

N320

Sarge

I shot several strings over the Chrono tonight in preparation for my next big match. My average ES was 14.3 and my average SD was 5.5.

I can live with that! :cheers:

load for 9 minor from a stock G34:

4.2 N320

MG 124 FMJ

OAL 1.13

R-P brass

Wolf SPP

PF 134

N320 is the shizz! If I could actually get some I would use this powder exclusively for my Limited and Production loads. Cool and clean burning, consistent, meters well; the only negative for me is the the fact that I can't get any where I live :angry2:. Powder via mail order isnt an option for us in Hawaii. :angry2:

• 1 month later...

Quick update. At the Indiana Sectional this weekend my load chrono'd 135 as predicted. What I really liked was the three shots fired over the chrono. Two duplicates and one within 3 fps of them.

I haven't shot a match with my Limited gun in three years, shooting Open now. Placed a club order with PV. N-350 and 3N38 for the Open gun. I have 4# of N-320 in my flam cabinet and another 4# under the house (cool and dry). I still ordered another 4# of N-320. My simple little mind kept telling me...what if they stop importing this stuff. N-320...good stuff! :cheers:

CYa,

Pat

I had friends giving me crap cause I stashed 50K primers 3 years ago. :cheers:

N320 is the powder of God. Truly, I talked to God just yesterday and he tells me he uses it in His own 147-grain 9mm loads.

Psh. Yeah I almost believed that. Everyone knows God doesn't shoot 9mm. He only uses calibers that begin with the holy number 4.

Read the gospel of John Moses Browning and then come back when you've purged yourself of such blasphemy.

http://www.frfrogspad.com/jmb.htm

I have tried a few of the VV powders (3N38, 340, 350) and I like them the best. I need a minor open load for the steel challenge and a few GM's have suggested 4.3 320 as a load. I have not loaded them yet, but that load was always their first suggestion.

What I really liked is I shot 280 rounds in Indiana, and the gun doesn't even look dirty!

Montana Gold bullets & N320 are a winning combination! :cheers:

I have a bunch of N320 and do like it. However I've been using up a bunch of my W231 which to me feels very similar in my 147gr 9mm loads. I never noticed that the N320 was that much cleaner for the gun though- but everyone says this.

I just bought my first pound on N320 and loaded up some plated .38 Special loads. I've never seen a cleaner powder and I've been reloading for 20+ years off and on. This is my first time trying any VV powder. There will be more.