Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Some Small (Space restricted) stages.

spanky

As you've probably guessed from how many of them I've ripped off, I love your stage designs. Always clever, unique, and interesting.

My only critique is that you use a lot of hard cover. It looks really good and I like the tight shots but, to use them as drawn, it takes me as a MD a good bit of time to paint it all, make sure that the right hard cover makes it to the right stage, and winds up in the right places during setup. This may just be MY issue and not a problem for others but it's just food for thought.

John

I appreciate the compliment and I can certainly appreciate the hard cover issue. I would never be insulted by anyone changing up any designs that I put together, from target configuration to position, etc. I will certainly keep that in mind, though. It does bring up a very good point.

Speed Demon

Standing facing downrange in Box with hands wrists above respective shoulders. Handgun loaded and holstered.

Upon signal engage T1-T4, perform a mandatory reload and engage PP1-2 and T5-7.

I'm not sure if I like this one but it seems interesting and, at the very least, might inspire some other designs.

zsqsogk4owht5z9z35u2.png

Edited by spanky

Thanks. I feel bad when I use someone's design and make changes to it without asking them first.

I haven't seen the double stacked swinger targets like that before but I like it. We've got swinger with a really heavy pendulum weight that can probably handle the extra weight/resistance no problem so don't be surprised if you see us "borrowing" this one soon too.

As you've probably guessed from how many of them I've ripped off, I love your stage designs. Always clever, unique, and interesting.

My only critique is that you use a lot of hard cover. It looks really good and I like the tight shots but, to use them as drawn, it takes me as a MD a good bit of time to paint it all, make sure that the right hard cover makes it to the right stage, and winds up in the right places during setup. This may just be MY issue and not a problem for others but it's just food for thought.

John

Instead of painting hard cover just buy them from Spot on Supply.

http://www.spotonsupply.com/

Port Blues

Starting Position: Seated in Chair, hands flat on respective thighs, handgun loaded and placed unsupported on table facing downrange.

String 1: Upon signal, from box, engage T1-T3 with only two rounds each, then perform a mandatory reload then from box reengage T1-T3 with only two rounds each.

String 2: Upon signal, from box, engage T1-T3 with only two rounds per target using strong hand only.

String 2: Upon signal, from box, engage T1-T3 with only two rounds per target using weak hand only.

q5n91zr3zhms8f2plvid.png

ETA: lowered T2 a bit

Edited by spanky

That's a Stretch

Handgun loaded & holstered, toes on the marks (outside of the shooting area facing downrange).

Upon signal, engage as visible.

ssn9h67iga16wcyd8ni3.png

Edited by spanky

The only concern I would have with this stage (Port Blues) is the height of the port. A height challenged competitor might have trouble seeing the lower A zone of the center target.. based on the way the drawing looks.

Edited by LT45

The only concern I would have with this stage (Port Blues) is the height of the port. A height challenged competitor might have trouble seeing the lower A zone of the center target.. based on the way the drawing looks.

You're probably right. The outside targets may come down and inside up or vice versa. It really will have to be looked at during setup to determine optimum height, I think.

That's a Stretch

Handgun loaded & holstered, toes on the marks (outside of the shooting area facing downrange).

ovi76ojnlfz707yowvw.png

The center target, the one right next to the poppers is going to get fraged big time!

Move it up or down range to correct.

Looks like a challenging stage. I like the way you run across.

Doorway of Doom

Starting inside of shooting area with heels on rear fault line, facing downrange with handgun loaded & holstered.

Upon signal engage as visible.

PP1 activates T5, PP2 activates T6 (or vice versa).

No shoots on the swingers or behind the poppers is optional. Yes, I am evil. :devil:

fyjd8rca22wl52pdzhwr.png

Edited by spanky

This stage is sick... I like it

Optional no-shoots? Leave them in! :devil:

The swinging no-shoots will be tough for most shooters unless they are not too far down range.

You will need to add another barrel to the outside of each swinger, otherwise the upper A-zone will be visible from each side of the wall.

Which way does the door open?

Edited by LT45

This stage is sick... I like it

Optional no-shoots? Leave them in! :devil:

The swinging no-shoots will be tough for most shooters unless they are not too far down range.

You will need to add another barrel to the outside of each swinger, otherwise the upper A-zone will be visible from each side of the wall.

Which way does the door open?

I suppose for the sake of being a LITTLE shooter friendly, we could set the door to open to the inside. However, I think that might be an issue if they swing it out too hard and it comes back while they're shooting.

Good point on the barrel. I'll have to do that or just write in activate before engagement. I'd have to be creative with placement since I want T3 and T8 visible inside and outside of the door.

I didn't plan on putting the swingers too far out. That'd be too mean.

The way you have the shooting area drawn, it looks like you wouldn't have much room left if the door opens towards the shooter.

However, I agree with you about the problem with the door swinging back on the shooter if it opens down range. You could add a fault line a couple of feet past the door, allowing the shooters shoulders to keep the door open once they have stepped through the door.

Moving the fault line away from the door would probably work,but I don't understand why you angled the side fault lines in.

As it's drawn you'll have a shoot through on the hardcover targets to the swingers when they are at their outside swing, but I'm sure you'll tweak that at setup.

What if the left and right fault lines were angled inwards and the rear were pushed up range?

gs43odp9ukwgrqw7ixkq.png

Just remove the front fault line and specify in the WSB that the door frame (if there's a bottom part) is a fault line. If there's not bottom door frame, just nail down some fault line in the inside of the door.

That's a Stretch

ssn9h67iga16wcyd8ni3.png

If you take both outside fault lines and run them to the top back corner of the rear fault line, then run two inside fault lines from the two front areas back to the legs of the rear wall, you open up the opportunity for someone to attempt shooting on the move. As it stands, it's plant and shoot with transitions. You will rpobably have to tweak the center targets a little to prevent shoot-throughs if you do this, but it looks like that can be done easily by either widening the center a little or moving the back wall forward a little.

Edited by SA Friday

Port Blues

Starting Position: Seated in Chair, hands flat on respective thighs, handgun loaded and placed unsupported on table facing downrange.

String 1: Upon signal, from box, engage T1-T3 with only two rounds each, then perform a mandatory reload then from box reengage T1-T3 with only two rounds each.

String 2: Upon signal, from box, engage T1-T3 with only two rounds per target using strong hand only.

String 2: Upon signal, from box, engage T1-T3 with only two rounds per target using weak hand only.

q5n91zr3zhms8f2plvid.png

ETA: lowered T2 a bit

Better specify in the WSB that all shots through the port, or you might get someone shooting from under the table depending on how it looks after set-up.

Edited by SA Friday