Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Illinois Sectional

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob, most of the range is a gravelish sand that provides pretty good footing.. There is some mud there but not much. I shoot the monthly USPSA match there and wear baseball cleats with no trouble except on the wooden "cowboy town" area that likely has a stage on it. I'd guess footing will be of little concern at Chili.

I had a blast shooting this match yesterday. The stages were a lot of fun and the match went off without a hitch. Thanks to Chuck and the match staff for all their time and hard work.

I haven't found any results yet either. Checked both USPSA and the local club's website.

There is a link for it on the USPSA major match results now

that wasn't there last night.

So I'm sure they are working on it and will have something

up before long.

Edited by racegun9

There could be several reasons that uploading is not happening. I'm guessing they might not have version 4 or above of Ez. This is a guess mind you, but if the program is not up to date, you can not upload the scores. I've asked him to send me a copy of them, so I can post them here, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I don't want to put to much pressure on as I know he has got to be wiped out. Been there done that....

I called him this morning, but he was out, so we'll just have to wait and try and be patient. I know you guys want to know how you did. I had a pretty bad day, so I'm not so worried about mine. lol

I did do pretty good on ONE stage and was curious about that, but otherwise I wouldn't care if the rest of them were buried downrange, deep. :)

If I find out anything before they are posted on the USPSA site, be assured, I will let you know the moment I have any info.

JT

PS

I would like to thank my squad. Sherwyn, Nick, Robbie, Pat and our ROs Chuck and ??? I missed a squad member or two, but I thank them as well. Our guys were on the ball all day and it was a pleasure to squad with guys that reset and pasted without being asked. A special thank to Nick and Sherwyn, as we talked over how to shoot every stage together. I learned a bunch from you guys and your stage break down were very helpful. I hope I was able to give you guys a couple of nuggets too. Not that I executed those plans very well, but you gave me ideas that I would not have otherwise thought of. Also, the reasons behind your thoughts. I would love to squad with any of you guys again. If people out there are intimidated to shoot with better shooters, you need to get over it. The best way to learn is to shoot with people that are better than you. If you are always the best on the squad you learn very little.

Robbie: I think you said you were a B in production... If this match doesn't bump you, you aren't going to be a B for very long. You were a rock and I haven't seen that many As in a long time. You were smooth as silk and the only bobbles I saw were when your gun jammed a few times. You can push a bit harder and I don't think it will hurt your game at all. You were almost too comfortable at the speed you were shooting. You might consider pushing it up a notch or two at your local stuff and then back down a touch from that when you hit a big match.

Again, thanks for the best squad I've ever shot with at a major. We laughed all day and that reminded me how much I love to actually shoot a match instead of just working them. Even though my performence was less than stellar, I had the most fun I've had in a long time shooting.

Thanks guys...

PSS Sherwyn, you still owe me a beer!

J

Edited by JThompson

Thanks Jim,

I had a lot of fun with you guys. Thanks for putting up with a new guy. I might have to change bullet styles, those white no shoots were wad cutter magnets LOL. We had a good bunch of guys and it made for a great day, even if the scores do not show it (for me).

Pat

Thanks Jim! I had a blast shooting with you guys, and learned quite a bit along the way. I always try to dial myself back a little bit at Majors because my natural tendency is to go as fast as I can and shoot sloppy hits. I really appreciate the words of encouragement. I'm just excited to see the scores.

After what I'd call a horrible day of shooting I must say that I'm pleased and surprised by my results. Apparently I wasn't the only one having a rough day. I really felt my accuracy was off all day and that match was definetely more accuracy themed rather than burnin' through close up targets. As a new B class shooter, I'll take my 4th place B class/10th in production and be happy..........for now. :devil:

After what I'd call a horrible day of shooting I must say that I'm pleased and surprised by my results. Apparently I wasn't the only one having a rough day. I really felt my accuracy was off all day and that match was definetely more accuracy themed rather than burnin' through close up targets. As a new B class shooter, I'll take my 4th place B class/10th in production and be happy..........for now. :devil:

I finished almost dead last on three stages and still got 8th.... :goof: I did get a couple of seconds though, so there was a few flashes there. That makes me feel a little better. I really thought I had won stage 9, but a guy IDK who won Open got me on it.

Nice match whoever you are.... you beat three pretty tough guys in Open. Nick,(He's A, but not really :P) Sherwyn and Jeff are all top Ms. :bow:

JT

Edited by JThompson