Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM09-02 Diamond Cutter

rupture

Ran this one in open today. Hung the gun in the holster on the turn but still managed 7 down in 3.34.

79.9% according the new calculator. Pretty sure I left 3 tenths on the table during the draw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shot it last week had a 9.2 HF at around 3.9 seconds (production division). kind of made sure to not tag any of those no-shoots this time. that calculator says it is an 87%

Now if only i was able to shoot above 85% on ALL my classifiers, THEN we would be in business. lol

Edited by Field

• 3 weeks later...

got an actual percentage back on this from uspsa. 

L-10:  39 points, 4.53 seconds, 8.6093   hf = 76.6006%  

So high hit factor for  production seems quite a bit lower than for L-10, at least if classifiercalc.com is right (it is absed on production shooter's results at our match). Same hit factor goes from 81.99 to 76.6 with a division switch. 

BTW, Brian Jones had a 11.764 HF in open and got 100%.  Another open shooter got 10.45 hf which was good for 84.5419% which is odd, because the 84.5419% says that the HHF should be over 12 if you do the math.  Not sute what is up there. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh man... I shot my last USPSA match with my revolver. All A's in 9.06s and I got 43%! Yikes I thought it would be better than that. My reload was a tad slow but not that bad for me. Same HF in production comes out to 42% and they don't need reloads... Maybe I should go back to production- the revo stuff is hard!

Oh man... I shot my last USPSA match with my revolver. All A's in 9.06s and I got 43%! Yikes I thought it would be better than that. My reload was a tad slow but not that bad for me. Same HF in production comes out to 42% and they don't need reloads... Maybe I should go back to production- the revo stuff is hard!

The revo HHFs are all kinds of messed up.

At the same match, I shot it with 1 C in 5.34 in production, for 67.7%, my first B class classifier and my first divisional stage win.

• 2 months later...

Just shot it today with revo (what else) Time 8.06 37 points HF 4.607. Let's see carry the one subtract the 7 Hmm HHF would be some were in the ##@# range. All A's in 3.9 seconds. Doable, for anybody cept me... If the math is correct. I don't know if we can post the HHF Just did the math off of lugnut's post. I will wait and see but if I am in the 45% range on this then I will know. :sight: later rdd

• 3 months later...

Limited shooter. Shot it last weekend. 3.30 seconds down 2 points. HF 11.5152. No info in the classifier calculator. Just have to wait. A fellow competitor shooting revolver ran it in 5.42 down 4 points, HF 6.6421.

Edited by colt22man

CMcalc.com says that's over 100%

Is the strategy for this one (in Limited at least) just to aim for the center of the brown and go fast? Or do you be careful and try to get A hits.

I shot this in Production last year and got all A's but it took me too 6.something seconds.

I just shoot 09-14 eye of the tiger the week before, start position is the same for both classifiers. Back to target like El Pres. For some reason my best classifier scores are generated by starting with my back to the target. I prefer hands above my shoulders but these two were hands relaxed at sides. I seen the front sight just fine. I had 2 A's on target 1 & 4, A/C on targets 2 & 3. I guess it was one of those relaxed, smooth strings that seemed slow but was fast. I shot El Pres @ 88+% & 09-14 @ 81%. I also like melody line which is also the same start position except hands are above shoulders. I've shoot that in the 81 - 84 %. My first shot is always 1.4 to 1.5 seconds. I like the pivot turn, weight on right heel, push off with left toes, get the hips and shoulders rotating immediately turning to the right, which positions the right hand shooting competitor's holster and firearm closest to the left target (1st shot) when your rotation is complete. Then it's like shooting a front sight classifier. One of our local SS masters had a HF 12.09. His time, 2.81 down 3 or 4 points. He's young. This classifier is my highest scoring I 've ever shot. Previously I shot a 92% on one of the standards, freestyle, strong hand/weak hand, 3 string classifiers. Had to be a little luck involved.

Edited by colt22man

Ran this last week. my 5th classifier in open and first I havent messed up with a mike, no shoot or other FAIL. 35 points in 4.75S for a 7.3684 HF. not bad for me I think. I aint no M shooter, or B for that matter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Stage: 1 Diamond Cutter

Place Name No. Class Division Pts Pen Time Hit Fact Stg Pts Stg %

1 Lovell, John 28 C Limited 33 0 3.03 10.8911 40.0000 100.00%

My first stage win and according to Calc 96.8891% for my first GM score.

• 7 months later...

Shot 04-01-2012 – - NORTH ATLANTA ACTION SHOOTERS - NAAS (GA22)

Stage 2 – Diamond Cutter - Pistol - ProductionClassifier 09-02

Place: 1

Name: Joel T

USPSA: TY54348

Class: B

Penalty: 0

Time: 5.83

Hit Factor: 6.1750

Stg Pts: 40

Stage Percent: 100

Per CmCALC:

USPSA Classifier Percentage: 58.80%

Shot 04-03-2012 – GWINNETTPRACTICAL SHOOTING LEAGUE – GPSL (GA01)

Stage 2 – Diamond Cutter - Pistol - ProductionClassifier 09-02

Place: 7

Name: Joel T

USPSA: TY54348

Class: B

Penalty: 20

Time: 4.32

Hit Factor: 2.0833

Stg Pts: 10.6126

Stage Percent: 26.53

Per CmCALC:

USPSA Classifier Percentage: 19.84%