Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best G17 clone airsoft pistol?

Tray

I have decided to get an airsoft to practice with. Which one has the best quality? I've seen several and am confused at which one to buy!

Tokyo Marui seems to be decent with HSC decent. Suggestions?

Edited by Tray

KSC better than HSC?

I have a KSC and the wieght is within 2oz with a loaded mag but different balance. It fits in my bladetech holster fine and is accurate depending on distance.

The gun Manny sells is an HFC. I bought one of these from someone else. Got about 7000 rounds through it (one summer) before it went to hell. Pellets roll out the barrel and spit out of the top. If you are going to buy one of these, buy it from Manny because he stands behind them. Fits in my G-17 holster, trigger pull is much lighter, about two pounds but the reset is very similar.

What I've experienced/what I've read:

Metal slide clones are a bit more expensive, a bit more durable, but all AS pistols, regardless of brand, will wear out much faster than any real centerfire pistol.

The weight balance is different - with the light plastic/aluminum in the frame/slide, most of the AS weight will be in your hand because of the magazine (steel), not over it like a steel slide, polymer receiver'd real G17. They all seem to fit std holsters pretty well, but trigger guard type micro-holsters might be a problem.

You can get 1" to 2" groups at 25 feet, but it really depends on the BB you use.

I have a G17 model HFC from Manny, and a G34/35 KSC from Evike, both metal slides. Both worked well, though I wore out the HFC and got the long slide afterwards (Manny doesn't sell one). The sights on the HFC are not adjustable, and can't be swapped out. A minor problem with a magazine and questions about the sights being off got me IMMEDIATE attention from Manny, who replaced the mag and swapped the top end for me, ASAP, NQA.

Mags for different brands are not interchangeable, and probably should not be dropped on hard surfaces when doing speed reloads. Because of the BB feeding lips, the top end profile of an AS mag is different than a real Glock mag, so its up and down fit in a mag pouch may be different by a cm or so, but the other dimensions of the magazine are pretty close (they fit in my Ready-Tac single pouches, at least).

Some brands, like the KSC/KWA, and I think the TM Glock clones have aftermarket parts available (mostly through overseas sites, but Evike sells some), but some models don't (or, more exactly, I haven't found any on my limited searches).

Hope that's useful,

KC

I cant get a hold of Manny. I need some help with a product. He is usually very prompt at answering e mails and PMs, does anyone know if he is around?

I have emailed him this week 2 times and he has replied back both times in 1 day. :closedeyes:

Manny is at the A5 match. What with shooting, being set up at the Vendor's Area, and being out of town, it's impressive that he's able to respond at all, let alone so quickly.

ETA - oops, see you already got a reply.

Edited by kevin c

So if you want a decent pistol with great customer service buy a HFC from Manny. If you want to mod the pistol with metal slides, etc... then buy a TM or KSC?

Before you make your decision, you may want to read the following: http://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/reviews/kscvsmarui_glock17/review_ksc17vsmarui17.htm

I loved my Tokyo Marui all the way up until it broke. You must use the low power 134a gas, green gas will blow the front end off the slide. The plastic slide can't handle green gas. The Marui slide is wider than a standard Glock and will not fit in a hard holster like kydex (Bladetech). I have no idea where to get 134a in the USA.

Before you make your decision, you may want to read the following: http://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/reviews/kscvsmarui_glock17/review_ksc17vsmarui17.htm

I loved my Tokyo Marui all the way up until it broke. You must use the low power 134a gas, green gas will blow the front end off the slide. The plastic slide can't handle green gas. The Marui slide is wider than a standard Glock and will not fit in a hard holster like kydex (Bladetech). I have no idea where to get 134a in the USA.

You think if you used a metal slide would produce better results? Possibly able to use propane or green gas?

I have no idea where to get 134a in the USA.

I totally agree with you on not using Green Gas in the TM unless you have the metal slide.

134a is an automotive refrigerant and it is also the primary ingredient in canned air (duster gas). Any Walmart and/or Office Supply store in your area will have it in stock.

The plastic slide TM is great if you put together a way to get 134a from a A/C recharge bottle into your magazines. I've seen people post how to do it but never cared to try, seach YouTube.

Yup, metal guns are the only way to go. I have the Glock clone from Manny and several WE Tech that give me no problems with propane or green gas.

The plastic slide TM is great if you put together a way to get 134a from a A/C recharge bottle into your magazines. I've seen people post how to do it but never cared to try, seach YouTube.

Yup, metal guns are the only way to go. I have the Glock clone from Manny and several WE Tech that give me no problems with propane or green gas.

Sorry for all the questions folks but I thought the Glock clone from Manny were plastic?

Edited by Tray

The Glock clone receivers are plastic (definitely NOT the polymer the good Herr Glock uses on his pistolas). The slides can be plastic or aluminum. The one I got from Manny has a metal slide, which, for the Glock, is all he sells, I think. But just ask the man and he'll tell you for sure what he has available.

ETA:

Metal slide AS blow back pistols and propane go hand in hand. It takes the extra push of the propane to cycle the extra weight of the metal slide, and it takes the extra strength of the aluminum slide to handle the extra pounding from the gas. I'm pretty sure, though, that metal slides last longer. They also will allow you to put custom sights on board, whose extra weight won't cause cycling malfunctions only withe extra push of the propane, etc., etc., etc.

I haven't priced duster gas, but camping propane is pretty cheap. Smelly, but cheap. All you need is the adapter fitting to charge your magazines, and some silicone oil to lube them, which sometimes has a scent to mask (partially) the overcooked broccoli smell of the camping propane..

Edited by kevin c

you know, I dont know that a plastc one is necessarily bad, and i have had very very good experience buying things from Manny and him standing behind products he sells

He has made things right for me before, and I buy from him with confidence

you know, I dont know that a plastc one is necessarily bad, and i have had very very good experience buying things from Manny and him standing behind products he sells

He has made things right for me before, and I buy from him with confidence

Good deal. Issue is I would prefer the metal slide to be able to use propane or green gas. Let me know how you like yours please. I take it you ordered the kit?