Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage Design Critiquing Request

spanky

You could place a single barrel at each end of the shooting area to place ammo on. This should make the revolver and single stack guys happy.

And Prod and L10, as well. For those four divisions, the stage largely comes down to who can stuff mags/moons into holders quickest, or who can run back and forth quickest to the table, etc... It's not an invalid test, but if that's not the primary intention of the stage, you might think about how to work around it...

Looks like a lot of fun in store for the South Louisiana clubs—and your stages sure hit the ground well at Area 4. It's nice to see someone motivated to really work on their stage design chops and toss out their work for critique from this demanding crowd...we all get to benefit.

Keep up the great work.

:cheers:

Curtis

Width

Start anywhere in the shooting area, Loaded & Holstered, Engage as visible

l3ko8377dagscs8dk61.png

I really like that you are giving the shooter the opportunity to choose where they begin. Makes you have to think on another level.

The bottom target in the center target array might get the target stand's base shot up and you might be bouncing bullets off the pit floor, unless you put something behind it to trap the rounds.

Or you could change the array to something like this...

post-6812-127618513794_thumb.jpg

Bang Bang Boogie

Loaded & Holstered, Start anywhere inside the shooting area, Engage as visible

oz9ums0znntr17u8vkq2.png

Okay.. you've got too much free time on you hands today... what's your excuse? I'm recovering from heel surgery!

This stage looks great. If you set the two rear targets where they can be engaged through the center port with say 1/2 the target obscured by the no-shoots.. that could change some shooters strategies. Risk and reward!

Bang Bang Boogie

oz9ums0znntr17u8vkq2.png

Okay.. you've got too much free time on you hands today... what's your excuse? I'm recovering from heel surgery!

This stage looks great. If you set the two rear targets where they can be engaged through the center port with say 1/2 the target obscured by the no-shoots.. that could change some shooters strategies. Risk and reward!

I didn't post the view (or notes) but that's how it is. You can see the opposite side of each target from within the port.

And, well, it's been a while so I figured I'd throw some together. :D

Bang Bang Boogie

oz9ums0znntr17u8vkq2.png

I didn't post the view (or notes) but that's how it is. You can see the opposite side of each target from within the port.

And, well, it's been a while so I figured I'd throw some together. :D

I'm just bustin yer chops :cheers: You really are doing a great job!

I've been kicking around the idea of using sketch up.. but I've been using Visio for about 15 years, then I started designing stages on it 6 years ago. I think I'm too comfortable with it to change, but it's tempting. Occasionally I'll look at other designers stages and snag parts or ideas I liked and expanded from there. Feel free to check mine out at http://georgiaipsc.com/ I've got hundreds of stages there.

Thanks! In fact, one of the ones you have up there is what was inspiration for "Joo Crazy." I saw it in one of the videos from this past weekend.

WHAT? :goof: ...oops, I mean COOL! :devil:

Joo Crazy: I would push the back right wall to the left a couple of feet and then take the two targets on the right with the N/S in between them and push them back so they can be engaged both before or after the first right wall. It will add choices to the stage. I might put a second target with the first right one too. It will make the shooting sequence at the start a harder decision.

Barrel World (I think that's the name, can recheck now...): I would have first mag on the table and the rest on the belt. I would also either take out the pillar of barrels to the right of the middle port or move them to allow engagement of the target right next to the wall. If you can get the barrels just right, I think you can allow a shot on either side and that would make it a target requiring decision making on the part of the shooter as to where and when to engage it.

From a Revo or SS perspective, would be it more appeasing to place barrels for ammo placement or let them take it off of the table at the start?

I think the stage would run faster with ammo on the barrels, eliminating the fumbling of trying to put your ammo back onto you belt.

I am not sure there would be a time savings by using barrels to preposition the spare ammo since some people are not going to touch their ammo until after Make Ready. Placing extra barrels means extra work for the set up crew. Writing the WSB to say all ammo to be used on the stage must start on the table means I choose whether to load and stow it first or load and grab a spare moon/mag or two and stow it as I move. After all having to something other than pure shooting means more chances for the plan to go out the window.