Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Calling Meopta guru's -HELPPPP

Loves2Shoot

Well, I decided to get a rifle together to shoot a match (been way too long) and my Meopta 1-4 decide it doesn't want to turn past 1.25 power, and this morning I could crank it to 4 with no problems. This is a new scope with only a few hundred rounds under it. I took the screw in the adjustment ring and see how it works, but am stumped on how why it would seize up.

Any one have any thoughts. I might have enough time to send it in for warranty, but I do want to have a chance to shoot the dang thing before the match. I have a Trijicon TA01 I could use, but not many folks seem to like the fixed 4 for three gun, and I haven't shot enough 3 gun to have an opinion.

Any help or input would be appreciated.

For close up shots-like in a house-cant the rifle left (for right handers) a hair. Grip the forearm with your left hand so your thumb knuckle is on top, bent a little,and use it as a sight. Easier to show than to describe. Grip the forearm in exactly the same way each time.

Edited by Jadeslade

I have first hand experiance with Meopta warranty service, it is quite good. Send it in immediately, and use the Trijicon in the mean time.

Out of curiosity, were you running a cattail lever on it???

Yes, I have a cat tail on it. Is that a bad thing for this scope? It is much easier to use with the tail.

I am starting to wonder about that very question. My Issue with the Meopta was not from the cat tail, but rather from me dropping it onto a tile floor wile still attached to the rifle. I added a cattail after getting it back from Meopta. I do not remember what one i had on it but after a period of use I did not have a good feeling about its use and removed it. Did the same thing with the swarovski scope. With the swarovski, it was a very sensitive adjustment to get it right, If it was too tight it bound up the adjustment ring, a tad too loose and well it was loose (and yes i had a strip of dbl face tape on it) I have run into a couple of shooters who used them and did claim to have a problem with their scope, presumably from the cattail. Let us know if Meopta feels the cattail had anything to do with it.

Meopta CS rocks!

As to the TA01 being better for three gun, everyone has an opinion but I don't see the advantage to paying more for the optic and then using my knuckle as a sight....YMMV

I will take the 1-4 everytime.

My first two Meoptas failed like than - the adjustment ring would not work properly, and then the optic would not stay in focus. You have to send it back. Unfortunately, they will likely take a month or more to get a replacement back to you. Luckily my third scope has held up well.

Meopta CS rocks!

As to the TA01 being better for three gun, everyone has an opinion but I don't see the advantage to paying more for the optic and then using my knuckle as a sight....YMMV

I will take the 1-4 everytime.

He already owns it. If he doesn't have the iron sight of the NSN model, the knuckle is a great technique for close work. I learned from better shooters than me. He's gonna get his Meopta back. Ok?

I'll let you know what they say. A friend of mine offered his back up Meopta scope, so I'll be using it. I tried the knuckle technique, and it work very well. I have a rail all the way down the top of my hand guard, so it is easy to index consistently. That is one I think will come in hand regardless of the optic I'm using.