Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Darren survives the OOPS 451

A big shout out to iron man Darren Garrity. He valiantly shot last week's club match at Osceola. Four 100-round stages plus a team side match with 51 pieces of steel. Yup, 16 moonclips plus 6 rounds in the gun. He had to change trigger fingers near the end of each stage but gutted them out.

Hey Darren, Carmoney is forever your bitch!

I'll attach pics when I get time.

Jay

Puh-lease. Darren knows where he stands! :D

I wasn't going to show up for this silly-ass match. 100-round stages, all at virtually point-blank range? Looks like a way to reinforce bad habits to me!

I wasn't going to show up for this silly-ass match. 100-round stages, all at virtually point-blank range? Looks like a way to reinforce bad habits to me!

I don't think there was any paper past 10 feet.

A big shout out to iron man Darren Garrity. He valiantly shot last week's club match at Osceola. Four 100-round stages plus a team side match with 51 pieces of steel. Yup, 16 moonclips plus 6 rounds in the gun. He had to change trigger fingers near the end of each stage but gutted them out.

Hey Darren, Carmoney is forever your bitch!

I'll attach pics when I get time.

Jay

Darren is the man.

HA! I'd have to agree there. The hose fest is not a good thing to attend for skill building unless your next stop is dave and busters... Glad to hear someone braved through it with a revolver. Congratulations on your endurance.

I don't think there was any paper past 10 feet.

I have been to a few matches with shots set up in my face and I have to say that it smears the competitors together. Not much of a skills test and sounds like a doubtful expenditure of ammunition. Reminds me of an "Action Rifle" match I attended with my trusty 625...despite the disparity in sight radius it was so easy that I never went back.

roflol.gif I'm glad Darren had fun but this sounds like one of the goofiest ideas ever. My guess is the little round napolean in Osceola has a treasury so full he wanted to spend some on targets. Maybe he thinks he'll get new members this way. The treasury should be overflowing after he took contributions toward a new range that he then torpedoed......whatta man or should I say disgrace.

Whoa, this isn't the place for that.

It wasn't a shooting test. It was a test of the competitor's machismo. Darren passed.

Pic of Darren and a portion of stage 4 attached.

post-3317-127611159935_thumb.jpg

Boy, you guys need to lighten up some. The idea was to do something a little different,have some fun and maybe get a few of the old shooters to come out. That was accomplished. Basically it WAS A HOOT. The best shooter in our club organized, did most of the work, and used his own targets (Thanks Chad). No donations were taken - basically it was FREE (except for the considerable rounds expended). I know of no attendee who did'nt have a good time. I had just taken a class from Manny on Fri and must admit I wasn't applying much of his teachings - but geez, it was a good time.

PS: Had Manny not had to get home for his daughters graduation - he would have been there too - I'm confident that he too would have found it to be lots of fun.

Boy, you guys need to lighten up some.

Sorry, Bill, I should have put a smiley face after the "silly-ass match" comment, just like I did when I pointed out earlier that this match was meant for a bunch of premature ejaculators, just so everybody would know I was just teasing! Here you go: :D

(I must admit I'm kinda sorry I missed it. I actually set my alarm and got up in time to drive down to OOPS that morning, but had a heck of a headache so I went back to bed. Maybe too many beverages the night before?)

• 3 weeks later...

roflol.gif I'm glad Darren had fun but this sounds like one of the goofiest ideas ever. My guess is the little round napolean in Osceola has a treasury so full he wanted to spend some on targets. Maybe he thinks he'll get new members this way. The treasury should be overflowing after he took contributions toward a new range that he then torpedoed......whatta man or should I say disgrace.

What in the world is this all about....