Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2011

Planning to shoot this one. Bet I won't be the only one in shorts this time. Just have to decide which division to shoot. I am leaning to SS again. I hate to leave the limited gun at home. Maybe borrow an open gun :surprise:. Just to wait and see.

Mike

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The link to the Release is on the second Page. Click the button that says "more DTR Info" on the first page. On the the next page at the top is a Button that says "Match Release" If you do not see the buttons, use the scroll bar on the right side of the page to scroll the page up till you see them. the release is in PDF format.

Like to welcome our first GM to sign up..... Jake Di Vita.... First time at Double Tap.

If Menzik would hurry up with the sponsorship stuff, you'd have your second one signed up... :lol:

we are proud to the be the Host Range for Area 4 once again. Thanks to Phil for making this decision and looking forward to helping out Ken at the range in producing this great area Match.

Speaking of Great matches ( good Segway huh) the Double Tap Championship is on schedule with several NEW, NOT SEEN ANYWHERE PROPS. Stage design will be on our web site around Mid March. Lots of New Sponsors that we contacted at the Shot show in Jan. Already have over 60 folks signed up

http://www.doubletapranch.com/Match_info.html

THe Prize table is a combination of order order of finish and a random draw table. With the division winners 1-2-3) Receiving STI frames and 3rd a STI slide after division winners it is then conducted as a "Bucket Raffle" and each competitor will get 5 YELLOW tickets when he signs up for the match, to place in the "bucket" in front of each of the more expensive prizes on the table. (IE: STI slides Dillion 550 Reloading Presses, Dillion Case Feeder, CED Timers ETC.) We will draw a ticket from each bucket and you will win that prize if your name is drawn. YOU MAY ONLY WIN ONCE. When you have won, you are done. There will be a "second chance drawing "( if you did not win in the yellow ticket portion) w

At the beginning of the prize distribution you will be asked to put your five Yellow Tickets in any of the "buckets" ( cardboard boxes) in front of each of the larger prizes. You may elect to place one ticket in each bucket or any amount of tickets per bucket you wish. When all competitor have place their yellow tickets in the buckets, we will begin the raffle with the largest most expensive prizes first. (All guns and frames must go thorough our FFL dealer to be claimed, No exceptions. There is a $20.00 transfer fee charged by the FFL that is the winners responsiblity) We will announce which prize we are drawing for then draw a Yellow ticket from the bucket in front of that prize and that person will win the announced prize, Where there is several of the same prizes we will draw several tickets and call out ALL the names at the same time. Again You may only win once.

We will draw from all the buckets that have a ticket in them. When we have finished drawing from buckets that have tickets placed in them, we will than start wIth the Awards Ceremonies.

We will than start the Second Chance round with a random drawing. We will read the names in the order drawn and that person will have a choice of anything that is left on the prize table. We will give that person about 30 seconds and will call another name. That person may choose any prize left on the table either before or after the person previous called. We will NOT wait for you to pick a prize before we call the next person to the table, so decide quickly what you want. We will NOT allow you to pick up a prize and hold it and still browse the table. If you pick up a prize we will assume that you are finished and ask you to step aside.,

You must be present to win to claim your prize. WE will be having a prize table on Friday for the Friday particapants. All trophies will be mailed to folks not able to claim them or have someone claim it for them at the match.

:cheers: Hope to see everyone at the match. Sponsors are coming online evryday and it is shaping up to be a great prize table. STI, SIG, Rudy Project, DRperformance, Leatherman, Dillion and Next Level Training(offered a great deal if you are interested in buying a great training aid). More sponsors coming in everyday, I think this may be the best match yet, the mind of Porter has been hard at work, you don't want to miss this one.

:devil: If there are any sponsors I have neglected to contact that are interested, I am working on it.

Match info Page was up date with the New Dates first of the Year. But i guess the server did not post it. Everything is the Same as Last year EXCEPT the check in dates and the match dates and deadlines. If you have been to the info page make sure to reload it from the server and not your CACHE files to see the NEW INFO.

:cheers: Hope to see everyone at the match. Sponsors are coming online evryday and it is shaping up to be a great prize table. STI, SIG, Rudy Project, DRperformance, Leatherman, Dillion and Next Level Training(offered a great deal if you are interested in buying a great training aid). More sponsors coming in everyday, I think this may be the best match yet, the mind of Porter has been hard at work, you don't want to miss this one.

:devil: If there are any sponsors I have neglected to contact that are interested, I am working on it.

It would certainly be nice to win a SIRT training pistol.....

Of course, I'd have to actually shoot well. Maybe random luck will be in my favor for once...

(Looking forward to the match---in particular, looking forward to not shooting it in a blizzard like last year. :) )

What Blizzard? it was 78 degrees on Friday :rolleyes:

Yes, that WAS the problem. We got down there on Friday, took a look at the stages in the wonderful, warm sun, wearing t-shirts, all comfortable and nice----and then FROZE the following two days.

When you are burning old shot-up targets in barrels for warmth as the snow blows sideways---it is cold.

[sigh] Probably the worst I've ever shot in a major match.

Match itself was fantastic----I was impressed by all the stages, the prize table---not only a lot of work obviously put into it, but a lot of good, CREATIVE work. I'm coming back this year (just got squadded---Hello to everyone else on Squad 21!) and looking forward to it.

But man, last year was miserable.