Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Psa Shootout (huge Pennsylvania Steel Match)

The weather was great. I shot yesterday (Saturday) morning and afternoon. I got a 190 in Open Auto, and a 204 in Stock Auto. In Stock auto, I had a high primer on one of my reloads so, that caused a jam. I would have been under 200 without that problem.

I'm no threat to the top guys but, those are pretty decent scores for me.

Joe Mamma

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... in and out of the pouring rain, I managed 3 good stages, 2 kind of sloppy, and 1 outright mess. Grand total time was in the high 106 seconds (OPEN auto), but I know I easily lost 12 seconds along the way with mistakes. Winner will be under 100 for sure. Another whole year to wait and perhaps redeem myself!!

I think my Open time was 106 on two stages! Something about that ammo...I knew it wouldn't work. Stock Auto was a wreck, too. I had 2 good ones, 2 bad ones, and 2 disasters. One of those disasters - the last stage - cost me the Stock Auto match....by a second, I think. Oh well.

Lesson learned,

1st Loser

I think my Open time was 106 on two stages!  Something about that ammo...I knew it wouldn't work.  Stock Auto was a wreck, too.  I had 2 good ones, 2 bad ones, and 2 disasters.  One of those disasters - the last stage - cost me the Stock Auto match....by a second, I think.  Oh well.

Lesson learned,

1st Loser

"pats Phil on the back and hands him some warm milk"....can't win them all big guy. :wacko:

Sounds like a lot of people had some bad luck at this match. A few of our squad had gun and ammo problems too. Must be the PSA gremlins!

I had a couple bobbles, like having one plate left with no rounds in the gun. Other than that it wasn't too bad. Someone on my squad said I shot a 97.xx but I can't find my paper to confirm it.

Wonder how long it will take them to get the results out this year. I think the last time we went (2002) it was like 6 weeks after the match. :blink:

Thank God for the Lewis System!!!

My 350 my be all I need to be a WINNER!!!

I'm pathetic. I still had a good time, though. My baby boy actually got to experience his first match. They came with me, and made it bearable.

Next year, I'll definitely get into the 90's in Stock!

Matt shot open and just tore it up old school. :)

I shot open, 106.xx (101 raw with one 5 second penalty for leaving a steel on the first stage)

I spent the first three stages counting rounds and the last three stages shooting targets. Guess which ones went better? :)

It's definitely a different sport and I'll be back next year!

Anybody know how Koenig did?

SA

One of my shooting buddies, Chris Groller, shot the Duke in 18 something, Koenig was 22 something according to the R.O. Chris also was second in the Shotgun Side with a 1.52, John Novak won that with a 1.49. I believe Randy Hollowbush was 3rd with a 1.55.

Anyone know how Olhasso did? He won last year and is reigning King of Steel at PSA.

My best runs were 13.xx seconds at stage 3 with the donut hole plate, and 13.xx seconds at state 5 with all the poppers. I think I was 15.xx seconds on stage 1, but had a bad reload. Everything else was progressively worse.

At best we can compare scores here since like Matt said, they can take up to 6 weeks to generate offical scores based on last year. Great guys at PSA, awesome match... but what is so hard about adding up 6 numbers???

....I'm pathetic.... 

your gun might be...but we (meaning everybody thats ever lost to you, which means, well, just about everybody) all know YOU are not.

hopefully youre not trying to set yourself up to win most improved shooter at next years match. i threw last years match and improved by 2 MINUTES this year, only to find out there is no most improved shooter award! ;)

Matt - Was your 97ish time in Open Auto this year, or in Stock Auto?

As Steve said..I shot open. I don't know why adding a few numbers up takes 6 weeks either, but I'm not going to slam them for it because they do such a great job. We're all a little impatient but isn't the anticipation great!!! It just adds to the match! ;)

Steve: Not bad for old stogie smoker like yourself :P Dale shot a great match too. He had a mag malfuntion on a stage and ran dry a few times (who didn't!) but he ended up under 120 I think.

Anyone else have scores to post??? :huh:

Shooting my Open gun I ran 134.45 which is miserable until I look at my Stock times. Shooting open only 2x a year may have a bit to do with this. Next year I shoot Stock first and Open second.

Stock 187.71 seconds

Bettered last years's Open Auto by 18.29

Stock was almost a dead even tie. only 0.27 seconds faster this year.

Jim Norman

Anyone else have scores to post??? :huh:

Yeah. :(

I shoot just under 160 in Stock/Limited. That includes a crash & burn on Stage 3 (first one down the hill)...a run in the mid 30's. :blink: I had a jam (damn Glock 10 round mags) on Stage 6...I think that run was around 30. The only stage I kicked into high gear on was Stage 1. The others, I merely treaded water.

I would think that an average of around 15-16 seconds per stage for Open would be at the top? Around 20 seconds for Limited?

Hello everyone,

I hope you all enjoyed the match! This year's match consisted of over 300 registered shooters, with just about 500 entries total.

I will do my best to the get the scores posted as quickly as possible since I know you're all anxious to see how well you did. Instead of trying to figure out paybacks before we post the scores this year, I'll total everything up and send it to our web guy. Then after we get the paybacks figured out, we'll repost everything on the website and send out hard copies as well.

Please be patient. There's only three of us and we all work full time. It doesn't sound like much (just adding up 6 numbers), but it does take a considerable amount of time since every score is checked, and re-checked.

Thank you to everyone who attended the match and helped. Without the shooters setting targets, picking brass and painting, the match couldn't (and wouldn't) take place.

You're the best. Thanks again!

Kay

Come on Flex Glocks don't jam where's that Glock Perfection? Just remember tupperware should stay in the kitchen!

My stock Glock ran without a hitch. The open Glock ran without a hitch on five of the six stages --- but had major issues on the last one. The guy behind the gun however had major issues calling his shots....

Kyle,

10 round .40 mags?

Kay -

Thanks again for the efforts of your 3 to please all of 500 entries! Even the rain couldn't dampen our spirits. And yes, I think we would very much appreciate getting results posted ahead of prize distribution. Heck, its not like any of us make a living at shooting (except for maybe that one guy)! HA!

Flex,

Why not just use your regular mags and only load 10? Don't feel bad had a couple guys on my squad having trouble with STI mags also. I think they are calling bevan for the new springs/followers. They were having problems with the followers rolling over when loading them fully and I think it screwed up the spring pressure with only 10 rounds.

Kay,

Great match as usual along with the usual rain. You have to buy off the local weatherman next year :D Any chance of making open class truly open without the 10 round limit? I bet you'd see some smoking times.