Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reaction Time Test

earlbob

.256 was my best will try again.

Guys you have to try this one, from GrumpyOne. Way cool. I think it is a Beretta. The sound and the color when you get taken out is great. There are some fast times 12,???

I would have come in 18th with score of 8540 if logged in.

That is pretty cool. I got a score of 10,207. I think my best time was .22

ETA: I just got a .187 time

Edited by ArmdCtzn

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the sheep twitching on the sidelines (can you say false start?!) distracting. I could get some really fast reactions but as a whole I'd always have one penalty. I altered my focus a bit and was able to overcome my previously uncontrollable urge to jump the gun...

0.197 5 run avg.

Good exercise, thanks for posting.

My best by division :roflol:

Production mouse 0.243 (track ball)

Open mouse 0.212 (optical mouse) :goof:

update: switched from my production mouse (laptop pad) and used my tuned SS rig (regular mouse). was able preload the trigger a bit and averaged a 0.1654. scores were .156-.172, very consistent over the chrono, haha. also had a few ADs with the preload tho :unsure:

I dry clicked my mouse all night practicing and managed to average .174

Be careful preloading the mouse. I had an AD and got DQ'd.

:roflol::roflol::roflol: I busted a gut over this thread! I'm averaging .167. Had a few individual runs better, but can't seem to get it much lower......for now :devil:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember way back in 1965 or 1966 (just graduated HS) I was on a tour of Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory and in the main building where they were conducting early nuclear fusion experiments (Project Sherwood) they had a very advanced (for the time) computer built into the walls of the building. So whenever they had people coming through (which was often) they had a little reaction test setup, with a light and a button. You could only do it once so there was no way to try timing it. I remember I got a time of .172, which at the time they said was the second fastest result they had ever got to date behind a time of .156 (they did not say when or who did that). Nobody else in my science fair group could get below .200. That jives with this sheep test because without timing the sheep I seem to routinely get times around .167 plus or minus a few thousands. Not too bad for a 63 YO with slight arthritis in my dominant hand (although I switched shooting hands last year permanently). I seem to get about the same time with either hand. your true reaction time should be the times that are statistically plotted close to a particular point. Anything too fast should be thrown out as a timing trick and too slow as a distraction. Consistancy should be the most important result. If you want to do audio cueing don't look (think of it as timer training) or visual training turn the sound off (think of it as defensive training).

• 3 months later...

.1768 on second try..my mouse needs stoned. :roflol:

1. 0.166

2. 0.218

3. 0.167

4. 0.167

5. 0.166

Average = 0.1768

After several AD's becasue of that faker sheep in the middle!

0.1632 is my best average. :cheers:

Edited by Standby!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...