Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

09-09 Lightning And Thunder

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone enlighten me please.

Can you make up shots on this classifier if the make up shots are fired before the 5 seconds?

Timed Fire is kinda scored like Virginia Count. Extra shots earn a penalty.

9.4.5 In a Virginia Count Course of Fire or a Fixed Time Course of Fire:

9.4.5.1 Extra shots
(i.e. shots fired in excess of the number specified in

a component string or stage), will each incur one procedural

penalty. Additionally, during scoring, no more than the specified

number and highest scoring hits will be awarded.

9.4.5.2 Extra hits
(i.e. hits on the scoring area of scoring paper targets in

excess of the total number specified in the stage), will each incur

one procedural penalty. Note that hits on hard cover and/or noshoots are not treated as Extra Hits

• 9 months later...

I shot this yesterday in Limited, only my 2nd match in Limited with my new (to me) G35. I shot 69 points, but could have been much better. I totally missed the reload on the second string (mag hit the magwell and flew away), had to go to the belt for an extra mag and only got one shot off after the reload. Ended up with two circle mikes since I never got two of the shots off. I had plenty of time on the 1st and 3rd strings.

The 69 points should end up at 76.6667%, on the way to making A in Limited.

This classifier seems a little easier than most fixed time standards I have shot in the past. 5 seconds is a long time, shouldn't be too hard to get lots of points here. I wish I hadn't screwed up the reload, might have been over 80% if I had gotten those two shots off.

Edited by Davidoff

• 9 months later...

Shooting this today. Te second string seems to be the toughest with the reload. It's deceiving how slow the first string is and how fast the second string is. I forgot about the circle mikes. Score to be posted later.

Easier than I expected. First string my gun didn't load the 5th shot and I didn't get to the last shot on string 2. I guess I went over my time on one shot but I'm happy.

61 points. Single stack. 67.7768

Edited by Dirtychemist

• 6 months later...

Shot this on Saturday in my first match with my Glock 35. Currently unclassified, but shot a 64 point run. Limited 71.1314

Was able to get off all 6 shots on the second string which I was pretty excited about. Just needed to clean up my hits a bit more on the other two strings...

• 4 months later...

Shot it this past weekend at a classifier match. The reload was tough as it was my first match with a single stack and I am still getting used to grabbing and loading the skinny mags. Have only had the single stack a couple months and half that time it was getting some reliability work.

Shot 78 points and 86.66% though so I was happy. Helped me get classified as a B in single stack first time out. Had a bad steel stage on one classifier and dropped a 37% so this helped.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Shot this one on Sunday in PCC; 14A, 4C so 82 points.  Did the first string too fast; 3.48 seconds so that’s probably where 3 of the C’s came from lol.  There’s ample time in strings 1 and 3 for PCC, but string 2 you have to get that reload in there quickly.  Calculator on USPSA website says 92.1348%; hope it stands.

Edited by blaster113
Added points

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...