Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 cal i production?

Field

I shoot a G-35 in production. My load is 180 gr Zero JHP over 3 gr of Clays at 1.135 OAL. It just chronoed at 138 PF at Virginia Maryland which is a bit higher than what it chronoes for me. It is very soft.

FWIW, I'm gonna load up some 180 grain lead TNCN lead with some Clays this week and see what it does. Probably start out around 3.0 grains. The TNCN's I use are Space Coast Bullets, made down in Titusville. I pick them up from their shop whenever I get down that way. Last time I bought some, they were $36 per 500. I've shot tons of them over the years. They'll be shot out of a 40 XDM this time.

Edited by GrumpyOne

• 3 weeks later...

I shoot a G35 in both Production and Limited. Gotta love having a transformer gun.

Using a 180gr BBI and Solo 1000 at 1.125

Minor: 3.4gr

Major: 4.4gr

YMMV, but that would give you something to start with.

• 2 weeks later...

You know what... i think i would actually be better off just shooting my xdm40 in L10 when i am to shoot it. I think it just makes sense that if you have a handgun chambered in .40 caliber then you should shoot major loads. Shooting L10 would be cool because i would get a bit of variety with being able to mount mag pouches wherever i want, then shooting higher PF loads with a gun that is more or less identical to the 9mm if i was to go back to shooting 9mm i would have developed better grip and control with it.

as of now i am going to put the parts on an have my xdm9 and xdm40 setup with the exact same PRP trigger kits and heini black serrated sights. there is something very nice about this imo.

Edited by Field