Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK 34 AND 3.5 CONNECTOR?

G34 CORDY

If you bought your 34 new (in the box) it has the connector you want. Shoot it as is. When you got $130.00 burning a hole in your pocket send it to Charlie Vanek for a Classic Trigger Kit.

Look on the box it will tell you what connector is in it on the lable. Most 34s have the 3.5 pounds. The main exception being leo guns

+1 I got mine through LEO sales and it had 5lb connector. I put a Lone Wolf 3.5 in it and it made quite a difference. Then I put in a Vanek.

yeah i got mine through LEO sales also. i will check my connector to see if it has any markings.

If you don't see anything on the label you can look at the connector. A "-" indicates a 3.5. The word I got when I posted similar questions was that Glocks are closer to 4.5 from the factory even if it supposedly a 3.5 gun. Just order a 3.5 connector if you want to be close to 3.5.

Though it was originally - and for decades - marketed as a 3.5 pound connector, these days Glock terms it a 4.5 pound connector because they realized that was a more realistic approximation of what you'd get if you were running one of these connectors with an otherwise stock trigger system.

When you take the slide off the gun and look down into the trigger module behind the mag well, you'll see the top of the connector off to the right. The portion of the connector that will (or won't) have the "-" marking is off to the right of the module, between it and the frame. You can see it without further disassembling the gun, and the presence or absence of the minus symbol will be very obvious.

I know the leo one I got was 5.5 pound connector. If its a leo gun I would bet its the 5.5 as basically its set up as a duty gun not a competition which was fine by me for the savings as It had stock sights and I dont care for the adj anyway and was replacing it

i looked at my connector and it dont have any markings so i guess its a 5.5. thanks guys for the pics and info. what does a 3.5 connector feel like and should i do a 25cent trigger job?