Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fourtrax's Range Report

Chris iliff

That's funny Jake, that deceptively simple stage 6 was anything but simple!! I even watched Keen "not look smooth" for the first time on that stage. Yeah, I "miked" one on the clam, duh! I think I had 3 mikes total for the match and I believe they are all "rust" related!!! On stage 6 I had too much speed built up before the foot activator, threw my timing off terrible. I stood there on the dang thing thinking "Where's that third target, and did I just call a miss over the shoulder of that clam target." Once I realized I had to keep going to the right to see that 3rd target, I did, and by that time I'm not going back for the head shot make up.

That was a blast of a match!!!!!

Kudos to all the set up and RO's!!!!!

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After doing it once, I'd like to shoot it over again and step on the foot activator as you come in on the 1st target of that middle array, and just taken the damn head shots above the clam. I can make 2 head shots at that distance with ease. But awkward clam-shells just ain't my specialty. It was pretty fast too.

After doing it once, I'd like to shoot it over again and step on the foot activator as you come in on the 1st target of that middle array, and just taken the damn head shots above the clam. I can make 2 head shots at that distance with ease. But awkward clam-shells just ain't my specialty. It was pretty fast too.

It was fast, but left the entire head. The funny thing was that we thought it was too easy, I screwed around with some barrels on the inside, but after we put the no shots up we called it good. I never thought that it would have caused such little hiccups that it did. And then when you go and look at the amount of misses and penatlies on there it shocked me.

Yeah, that's how I would do it too. Just step on the activator on the way in and shoot the head shots. You rocked OPEN, congrats on your HOA!!!!!! I really enjoyed the day!!!!!! Manny Bragg class then AREA 5 ..... HERE I COME!!!

I had a great time shooting with you bro! You are truly coming along amazingly well :) No doubt your 2011 season will be your best yet.

I stand by my comments as I was driving off the range!! You cost me 1 MIKE!! I take full responsibility for the others, but 1 is squarely on your shoulders. I was exhausted from walking the range LOOKING FOR MY HAT and didn't have time to prepare!!!! The heat that escaped out of my head during my hatless period was the difference!!! Funny, I OWE YOU!!!!

Seriously, thanks for the kind words and I hope we can squad again, JUST DON'T GO OPEN!!!!!!!!

Did some more analysis of WVO performance. HOA in open (Keen) shot 153 "A's". I shot 103 "A's", geez.... He must have used the dot!!!!

Seriously, this is something I plan to work on. I'm clearly not shooting enough points.

You and I are in the same boat (my 115 A's to the 147 of the division winner). Time to find that front sight again I suppose!

Yep, from where we are now it gets technical. I think below us a competitor can scrap by on some athletic ability and hitting the brown. Now we have to raise our game to be competitive with guys our class and up. WE CAN DO IT!!!

Ok, I I need to write this down. Other than some local matches here are my summer plans.

May 7th-8th Manny class at Atlanta Indiana.

May 22nd. Ohio Sectional

June 19th Area 5

July 31st Indiana State

Hope to see you there.

Edited by fourtrax

Got a GSG-9 1911 .22. Man what a neat .22! I have put about 700 rounds through it, it's a blast.

I plan to make Master in open then switch to SS. This GSG is gonna be my ticket when that happens. Right now I'm a new "A" and I need some work first. I have always shot Open and this .22 will provide an easier transition to iron sights. I'm already learning neat stuff. I've never really practiced iron sights much. I think this is also going to help me put my focus where it needs to be, THE FRONT SIGHT!!

Warsaw scores are in. I tanked 2 stages that cost me dearly. I finished 2 in Open and I think 5th overall.

I decided to work on squaring up better with the targets and was "thinking" on most of the stages. I am very excited about my Manny Bragg class in May and can't wait.

I cleaned my range up yesterday and the plan is to start 2 a week practices. I'll probably go with Tuesday and Thursday. I'm excited to start my 4.5s El Pres quest again. It will be interesting to see how much rust I've developed over the winter.

Warsaw, Indiana, puts on one heck of a monthly match. For you guys within driving distance it's a "no brainer". Hope to see you there May 8th!

Hit the range tonight late. Re-zero'd Juju at 12 yards. I hate to sight in Cmores. Thank goodness all I needed was vertical adjustment. Horizontal stayed true.

I'm shooting Ft. Wayne this weekend. Looking forward to the match.

My training starts in earnest on Tuesday. I've taken a training partner and plan sessions twice a week. I will start my 4.5s El Prez quest in earnest again, I'm excited about that.

Reviewing over the winter break I realized that I shot with doubt all last year. That is behind me. I have no "expectations" this year and plan to shoot that way. I want to get better and learn of course, and I will. I'm just not going to take my expectations to the stage.

I'm going to listen and apply everything Manny has to say during my class. I can't wait for that!!! Well maybe some expectations there, but can you blame me?? Lol.

On my way to Terre Haute!!! Looks like Brent, John, Phil and I will be headed down. Actually it was my first choice. Corey is working hard to get Ft. Wayne back in the swing and I know he will eventually. Right now his work has him tied up though. I was afraid of driving to a "stand in the box" shoot with Ft. Wayne.

Also working on one more guy, hopefully he will come down with us too!!

On my way to Terre Haute!!! Looks like Brent, John, Phil and I will be headed down. Actually it was my first choice. Corey is working hard to get Ft. Wayne back in the swing and I know he will eventually. Right now his work has him tied up though. I was afraid of driving to a "stand in the box" shoot with Ft. Wayne.

Great to hear! I am really nervous about being worthy now. I have a few wrinkles planned.

Here's the deal. After much reading and analyzing I finally chose a video camera. I bought a Kodak PlaySport ZX5. I chose this for many reasons. First, it is waterproof down to 10ft and we shoot in the rain. Second it is shockproof and dust dirt proof.

There are less expensive flip types out there, but I paid a little more for the advantages listed above.

NOW, I am completely ignorant of tech/video stuff and need any and all help.

If anyone has a Playsport I'd like some instructions on uploading videos and making DVD's. The thing is simple easy to use and record with so that's not the problem.

I have a Sony Vaio laptop. It came with video software, plus windows software for video's. I was thinking that it's as easy as removing the vid card and plugging it into my laptop, but alas I guess not.

Kodak recommends Arcsoft Impressions as an editor.

Any help is appreciated, I need this processed dumbed down, step by step if you will!!

Thanks for any and all!!!!