Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fourtrax's Range Report

Chris iliff

Little dissappointed in that I have no match results. I had way to many penalties to be a contender, but I always want to know, regardless, as early as possible. This way the match is fresh in my mind when I go over the results stage by stage.

I sent my money for the Manny Bragg class. I am excited about this and have heard many great things about his classes. Last year the same class ended up being cancelled and I hope this year it's a GO.

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have an overall combined scores from last weekend from Larry. PM me your email and I'll forward it to you. its just the cimbined final, not individual stages.

My deposit for the Manny class was received yesterday as well. REALLY looking forward to that!!

• 4 weeks later...

Replaced Cmore, recoil spring, and the cup and 2 little springs for the aftec. Sighted in and then found a crack in my Cmore mount. Had one and replaced that. Geez, what's with all this maintenance?LOL. Cmore was way out of whack at the indoor match.

Now I have to sight in again. I took a magazine full (20) and stepped to my range. Ran the plate machine at 25 then pivoted to my 50yd plate. No misses and I haven't even sighted in yet.

I am considering sighting in at 50yds. I know everything closer will be low. I just haven't decided yet. For years I was at 10yds, last year 17yds. 17 is suppose to be a kind of sweet spot with the Cmore. Best of close and far targets.

I will think on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Shot Atlanta it was fun. Cmore is good to go. Shooting is all me. Felt real rusty. I'll be suprised if one classifier breaks 60%. I had a great squad and a good time. Took a brand new shooter and she'll get 6 classifiers under her belt at once. See you guys on the range

Scores posted from the Atlanta classifier match. I was HOA out of 70 shooters. Cmore is good to go as I mentioned. Feel good about being first as there were some good shooters there, but I know my performance could have been lots better. So, the satisfaction is tempered by my reality.

I am in a Manny Bragg class in May at Atlanta, IN. I have seen first hand (Repete Briggs) the strides someone can make after his instruction. I am very excited about this. I know some of the students I'll be with and they are good people. This is going to be 2 days I'll never forget.

I have some things I'm going to work on before the class. One, I have developed a target focus. I am seeing the target clearly, but not always the dot. This I can correct here on my range. I chalk it up to not shooting or touching my gun for awhile. Plus just plain being excited about the season starting and shooting a match. Second, I gave up easy points pushing out when a no shoot partially covered the target. I had 4 C's in a nice group next to an uncovered A-zone. The no-shoot target started on the other side of the A-zone. That is not acceptable and will be fixed asap. I seen the group and commented to Brett and the RO, "That's called pussing out"!

• 2 weeks later...

Scores posted from the Atlanta classifier match. I was HOA out of 70 shooters. Cmore is good to go as I mentioned. Feel good about being first as there were some good shooters there, but I know my performance could have been lots better. So, the satisfaction is tempered by my reality.

I am in a Manny Bragg class in May at Atlanta, IN. I have seen first hand (Repete Briggs) the strides someone can make after his instruction. I am very excited about this. I know some of the students I'll be with and they are good people. This is going to be 2 days I'll never forget.

I have some things I'm going to work on before the class. One, I have developed a target focus. I am seeing the target clearly, but not always the dot. This I can correct here on my range. I chalk it up to not shooting or touching my gun for awhile. Plus just plain being excited about the season starting and shooting a match. Second, I gave up easy points pushing out when a no shoot partially covered the target. I had 4 C's in a nice group next to an uncovered A-zone. The no-shoot target started on the other side of the A-zone. That is not acceptable and will be fixed asap. I seen the group and commented to Brett and the RO, "That's called pussing out"!

Good win. Just follow it up at the WVO. Been getting any practice done?

I am in a Manny Bragg class in May at Atlanta, IN. I have seen first hand (Repete Briggs) the strides someone can make after his instruction.

Manny's class is pretty good, after I took it I had 3 AD's and one resulted in a DQ.........

Seriously it is a good class and after I took it I ended up making master (for real that time)

I am in a Manny Bragg class in May at Atlanta, IN. I have seen first hand (Repete Briggs) the strides someone can make after his instruction.

Manny's class is pretty good, after I took it I had 3 AD's and one resulted in a DQ.........

Seriously it is a good class and after I took it I ended up making master (for real that time)

What a salesman.

What a salesman.

One of the tings he talks about is pushing yourself to how far you can go before you AD (this is with regards to drawing since that is what we worked on and my sucks) I found out.

Now my DQ was on a reload, but we didn't work on that in the class

No, I haven't hit my range except to clean it up. I do a lot of mental practice!! Lol. I hate to admit it but the older I get the more fair weather I become.

I can't wait to shoot the WVO. My squad looks awesome! My game plan is "shoot the A's".

I've heard that it's possible to jump a whole class after a Manny class. To tell the truth, I barely made "A", and my percentage isnt even above 76% yet. I'd be real happy with getting my stand and shoots more consistent % wise. I'm all over the charts from 40%-80%.

Field courses are better for me. Most times are in the ballpark. Coach gave me some good advice at a shoot last year that went something like, "you move too much". Doesn't matter how quick you move if it's not efficient.

Edited by fourtrax

Forgot to add that we had a good meeting at Warsaw today. We picked out the classifiers for the whole season. I really liked the ones we picked as they have movement and most people never see them. Anybody wants to know they can PM me. Plus we decided on a September special classifier match in conjuction with a regular match. Just like we did last year, you could shoot one or the other or both. Also talked about a man on man type of stage and how to incorporate that into the September match. If anyone has any ideas on that let me know. I can think of several possibilities on how to incorporate a man on man stage, but I do not think it's ever been done.

Forgot to add that we had a good meeting at Warsaw today. We picked out the classifiers for the whole season. I really liked the ones we picked as they have movement and most people never see them. Anybody wants to know they can PM me. Plus we decided on a September special classifier match in conjuction with a regular match. Just like we did last year, you could shoot one or the other or both. Also talked about a man on man type of stage and how to incorporate that into the September match. If anyone has any ideas on that let me know. I can think of several possibilities on how to incorporate a man on man stage, but I do not think it's ever been done.

I will be at those matches. Sounds like it was a good planning meeting. See you in two weeks. Bring the A game. I will try and set the match to be a challenge and yet fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Did some shooting tonight. Started with the .22 racegun and did draw and 2 shots WH from 15 yards. Then I did some El Presidente, around 7 or 8. I really wanted to get some weak hand practice in so I grabbed the Gan's blaster and continued the WH 15 yard drill. I also shot groups at 15 yards. I ran the plate machine at 10 yards and broke 3 seconds several times. I have a huge tree at 25 yards from the plate machine, it makes a nice barricade, 3 plates left side 3 plates right side. I did some Bill drills also. I can feel the rust coming off from the winter lay off.

I really tried to focus on my dot during all my shots. The WVO is this weekend and hopefully I'll get several more practice sessions in before then. All said it was a good night.

Did some shooting tonight. Started with the .22 racegun and did draw and 2 shots WH from 15 yards. Then I did some El Presidente, around 7 or 8. I really wanted to get some weak hand practice in so I grabbed the Gan's blaster and continued the WH 15 yard drill. I also shot groups at 15 yards. I ran the plate machine at 10 yards and broke 3 seconds several times. I have a huge tree at 25 yards from the plate machine, it makes a nice barricade, 3 plates left side 3 plates right side. I did some Bill drills also. I can feel the rust coming off from the winter lay off.

I really tried to focus on my dot during all my shots. The WVO is this weekend and hopefully I'll get several more practice sessions in before then. All said it was a good night.

See this weekend.

Did some more on the range tonight. Worked on WH at 15 yards, SH at 10 and really watching the dot. WH at 15 will teach a lot. I am trying to adopt an elbow in position in my strong and weak hand shooting. I think it is allowing a faster follow up and better dot control. I concentrated on watching the dot.

I started the practice with Bill Drills. I probably ran 10. I was all over starting out. The more I watched the DOT the better my drill. I was worrying about my grip a lot and I think I will let that go. It seems that the more I concentrate on the DOT the better my grip gets. I think it's subconscious. My grip adjust on its own through my desire to really see the DOT on every shot.

I got the WVO at Terre Haute this weekend and I'm really looking forward to the match. Hopefully I'll get another session in at the range before Sunday.

Looks like the Manny thing is going to work out for me afterall. Brett was able to set up the one day thing and it looks like I'm going to be able to do that. See ya this weekend!

Shot the WVO. Very fun and deceptively tricky match. Stages where designed very well. At first glance you think this is going to be easy, but it never was.

I'm shooting way to many C's. I need to increase my points. I have started practice sessions and 90% A's needs to be my goal for the summer.

Squad was great and I got to shoot with Keen and Micah. Keen won open.

after a brief look at the scores, I'm in the same boat, giving up to many Cs that should be As. My speed seems to be fine, but i need to tone it back a bit and get a few more points here and there :mellow:

Shot the WVO. Very fun and deceptively tricky match. Stages where designed very well. At first glance you think this is going to be easy, but it never was.

I'm shooting way to many C's. I need to increase my points. I have started practice sessions and 90% A's needs to be my goal for the summer.

Squad was great and I got to shoot with Keen and Micah. Keen won open.

Thanks Chris

Coach does a great job with stages, one that looked very simple seem to give several people some fits was stage 6, who would have thought that an 18 round, revovler friendly stage with a clam shell activated by a foot pad that left a full head shot, and the other 8 targets were wide open would have had so many mikes

after a brief look at the scores, I'm in the same boat, giving up to many Cs that should be As. My speed seems to be fine, but i need to tone it back a bit and get a few more points here and there :mellow:

I would look at the D's and Mikes first.

I had 1 mike, edged a popper that went down on calibration, but the D hits compared to Grady's was a big difference. He also got 80 points on the standards stage compared to my 68.

My time were just a little off of Mike's and Grady's,they just move a little faster than my 300 pound ass does