Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Single Stack Nationals

Supershooter

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

365 competitiors in one Division....Cool

I counted over 40 "M" skill level or higher shooters attending (some are classified U)....Extra Cool

Single Stack division is "Dead"......not by a long shot....

As always I am really looking forward to shooting this match with you all.....

-Bill

365 competitiors in one Division....Cool

I counted over 40 "M" skill level or higher shooters attending (some are classified U)....Extra Cool

Single Stack division is "Dead"......not by a long shot....

As always I am really looking forward to shooting this match with you all.....

-Bill

About 50 spots left. I hope it fills.

A little update on stats, and to put this back on top because as we all know it is suffering a bit on attendance... :roflol:

GM- 6

M- 31

A- 46

B- 90

C- 101

D- 21

U- 67

For some reason, that only comes out to 362 shooters...? Oh well, you get the idea anyhow.

FWIW....

A little update on stats, and to put this back on top because as we all know it is suffering a bit on attendance... :roflol:

GM- 6

M- 31

A- 46

B- 90

C- 101

D- 21

U- 67

For some reason, that only comes out to 362 shooters...? Oh well, you get the idea anyhow.

FWIW....

Only 6 GMs!! Cough BS Cough roflol.gif Baggers!

GM- 6

M- 31

A- 46

B- 90

C- 101

D- 21

U- 67

FWIW....

Only 6 GMs!! Cough BS Cough roflol.gif Baggers!

It is the "U"s you have to watch ;)

:huh: So are they really "U" or do they just not have a SS Classification? I thought that if they are Classed in another Division then they are classed one level down. Is that not the case? Or is this 67 brand new shooters? Just curious.

If you haven't shot enough classifiers to be classified you are a U. The "one class down" business you're thinking about is when an A shooter shoots enough classifiers in SS, but tanks and shoots a bunch of D classifiers, he will be a B anyway. If he doesn't shoot the classifiers at all he will be a U.

They also can be new shooters or people who just haven't shot USPSA for whatever reason (IDPA, IPSC).

This used to be a stand alone match, with no involvement with USPSA. There are many competitors that shoot the match every year that are not USPSA or IDPA shooters, but love the 1911 and make sure to shoot this match. I would imagine a lot of the shooters that are "U" fall into that category.

Regards,

DougC

This used to be a stand alone match, with no involvement with USPSA. There are many competitors that shoot the match every year that are not USPSA or IDPA shooters, but love the 1911 and make sure to shoot this match. I would imagine a lot of the shooters that are "U" fall into that category.

Regards,

DougC

The history of this match has had a fairly large percentage of Unclassified shooters.

Russell

With the amount of time until the match, a lot of those "U"s may get classified by the time the match time actually arrives.

Nah, a true single stack bagger will shoot L-10 but only use 8 round mags totally avoiding any SS classifiers ;)

With the amount of time until the match, a lot of those "U"s may get classified by the time the match time actually arrives.

Nah, a true single stack bagger will shoot L-10 but only use 8 round mags totally avoiding any SS classifiers ;)

Thats what I'm doing next week at a classifier match :roflol:

Ain't that the truth....uh now wait a minute! roflol.gif

Hey thanks guys for all the info. Not that it matters to lil ol C Class shooter. :rolleyes: But I will continue with the SS for classifying. No sandbagger here just a shooter that doessn't get home early enough to practice like I want. Seems my pactice occurs at the local matches. :cheers:

I have had a couple of fellow shooters here in Indiana ask about "What is the law concerning out of state non resident transporting a handgun to and from the match, being in possession of it at the range (loaded etc) and in possession of it at a hotel"

So I did a couple of searches and find this

http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/transgun0-000.pdf

it has stuff in there but says for hunting

and then from the NRA site

http://www.nraila.org/gunlaws/federal/read.aspx?id=59

What I couldn't find is anything about being in possession of the firearm at the range and using it during the match.

I am sure that over the years with the amount of Nationals etc held there this has been covered. I am just trying to put a few fellows minds at ease and get them to understand that they are not a criminal as soon as they cross the state line.

I have had a couple of fellow shooters here in Indiana ask about "What is the law concerning out of state non resident transporting a handgun to and from the match, being in possession of it at the range (loaded etc) and in possession of it at a hotel"

http://www.isp.state...ansgun0-000.pdf

http://www.nraila.or...read.aspx?id=59

What I couldn't find is anything about being in possession of the firearm at the range and using it during the match.

I am sure that over the years with the amount of Nationals etc held there this has been covered. I am just trying to put a few fellows minds at ease and get them to understand that they are not a criminal as soon as they cross the state line.

There looks to be some useful information here, too.

http://www.isp.state...ansgun0-000.pdf

http://www.nraila.or...read.aspx?id=59

There looks to be some useful information here, too.

Thanks

that had alot info, but if you are a resident

We are not residents of Illinois

No CCW in IL, that us the first thing to remember. Unloaded and cased while transporting in IL. As for on the range it's like any other match. Gun on hip in holster, follow RO commands. IL is just like IN except no CCW.

Correct. Illinois does not allow concealed carry unless you are law enforcement. I don't like it but that's the way it is. If you want to do a search check out unloaded carry in Illinois. Basically you carry in a fanny pack unloaded with mags available and if needed then load it.

Only 43 spots left on Thursday to fill the match.

Does anyone know the most polite and effective way to request swapping squads with another shooter? An email was sent to Bill, but no response yet.

If Bill or any of the powers that be see this, myself (Dave Gundry, Squad 17) would like to swap with Mark Thole, squad 26 (he also wants to swap :)). If there is another, more proper channel to go through if this is possible, please let me know.