Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha Race Master Holster Review

nhglyn

So this is clearly my fault. I had changed the block from sti to sig the night earlier and had forgotten to reset the holster(left it in the gun inserted, screw down position). At the range I holsted my gun, pushed the lock down and turned. Needless to say my gun fell out, I was just lucky I was with my friends and hadnt damaged my gun with the drop. So a reminder to all after you change the block remember to set screw in up position.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have experience using the DAA RM with a Glock G22, Gen 4? I see the caveat on the DAA .biz site.

I am thinking of getting the DAARM with the Glock and STI inserts.

Paul

Hi Paul,

It may require a little fitting, as with all Glocks but it can be easily done - see here:

Hope it helps.

Eli.

• 4 months later...

Just got my Race Master in last night and I'm very impressed :D I've been using a Ghost holster for the past year and I can honestly say the RM is superior. I had no trouble attaching it to my CR Speed belt -- just dropped right in. The setup was easy. My STI Steelmaster fit perfect. Didn't have to do any mods to make it work. Did some dry-fire drills and couldn't believe how smooth the gun came out and went back in, yet was absolutely rock solid. The locking lever is a little different than what I was used to with the Ghost holster, but I don't see it being a problem. I may try to replace the lever with one that doesn't have serrations. Other than that, this holster is a Grand Freaking Slam :bow::wub:

UPDATE: I used the Dremel tool to grind off the serrations on the locking lever. Made it flush with the back of the holster and rounded off the edges. Now I don't notice the lever at all when drawing. I've shot a match and several practice sessions with the holster now and still really love it :blush:

Been using the holster for almost a year now and I'm still very happy. I shoot matches almost every weekend plus occasional dry-fire during the week and the Race Master has performed like a champ! Well done Saul (also enjoy all of your videos too) ;)

Anyone have experience using the DAA RM with a Glock G22, Gen 4? I see the caveat on the DAA .biz site.

Paul

Hi Paul,

It may require a little fitting, as with all Glocks but it can be easily done - see here:

Hope it helps.

Eli.

Got it and like it - did not require any dremmeling. Very secure until needed.

Also got the belt and mag holders. Slight quibble with the mag holders though - with the G22 mags neither of the spacer options are the right thickness. The mag only fits with the smaller spacers but with the adjustment screw backed as far out at it can go and after straigthening out the spring tensioners a bit - and then the spacers are so loose in the holder when there is no mag that it is in danger of falling out.

Any other suggestion?

Paul

Hi Paul,

Hope it helps.

Eli.

Got it and like it - did not require any dremmeling. Very secure until needed.

Also got the belt and mag holders. Slight quibble with the mag holders though - with the G22 mags neither of the spacer options are the right thickness. The mag only fits with the smaller spacers but with the adjustment screw backed as far out at it can go and after straigthening out the spring tensioners a bit - and then the spacers are so loose in the holder when there is no mag that it is in danger of falling out.

Any other suggestion?

HI,

we have found that for the glock mags the narrow side spacer is the one to use - but there is a problem with the pressure spacer (the spring loaded one). the thin one is too think, and the thick on too thick...

what you need to do it remove about 1mm from the front face of the thick spacer - than the fit is perfect for the glocks. that can easily be done on a belt sander - or, beter yet a mill.

If you are unable to do it - email me your address and how many you need, and I will post some off.

thanks

saul

I have been using my RM Holster for 6 months and so far I have had nothing but great results. Thank you for a very nice product. Unlike some other users I have not had any issues at all with screws coming loose or needing to use loctite etc. Every time I check them they are still rock solid tight.

• 1 year later...

Anyone try the tanfoglio version?

I'd 3 different inserts. One for STI, one for CZ Shadow and one for Tanfoglio Square Trigger Guard. I'd them for over 1 year.

Just a note to Tanfoglio user. The insert block will not work for any Large Frame Tanfoglio. eg. Eric Gold, Limited Custom...

I have a small frame Tanfoglio it works perfectly. Bought a large frame lately and the gun will wiggle on the insert block and sometimes cannot even pull out the gun in first attempt. As the dimension of the square trigger guard for the small frame is different from the large frame.

3 of my friends also have large frame Tanfoglio and I'd tried to put all their guns to my holster and results are the same.

I assumed when DAA makes the molding of the insert block based on the small frame gun only.

Until they come up with an insert block for large frame Tanfoglio, I'm forced to purchase a CRSpeed for now :blush:

Edited by calvinyung04