Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vanek Trigger - Glock

tigerfan_9

Can anyone give me some insights/opinions on the differences between the Classic and the Super trigger from Vanek? I've read the website but any additional info would be great.

Also, it looks like the GM version of each adds a tuned/modded striker, do you recommend doing this also of just stick with the trigger?

P.S. I'm shooting a G35 setup for Limited.

Edited by tigerfan_9

Depends a lot on what YOU want out of a trigger. The simplest answer is to just pick up the phone and call Charlie Vanek and talk with him. He's super nice guy and will be able to help you decide.

Personally, I don't care for a super light trigger, so I'm shooting a Classic with a medium power spring. Very smooth action with a moderate take-up and pull.

I've never felt a classic kit from him, but I have the super trigger kit and it's outstanding.

I'm also shooting a G35 in limited. I say go for it, you will NOT regret it.

do you have the GM super with the modded firing pin or just the super?

I've never felt a classic kit from him, but I have the super trigger kit and it's outstanding.

do you have the GM super with the modded firing pin or just the super?

Just the super drop in it. Drop in the new trigger assembly, replace the striker spring and spring cups with the ones Charlie provides, and you're off to the races.

Couple of things.

I just put the classic GM in my 34 for production. The tip broke off of the new striker after about 6 dry fires. Charlie sent me a new one and made it right in every way. I see that as good and bad. Good- made it right. Bad- that it broke in the first place. Now it will take me about a year to trust it. But EVERYBODY I have talked to about this says the breakage was a fluke.

Second- While the trigger is infinitely better than a stock glock setup do not expect it to be anything remotely like a 2011 trigger. Not bashing. Just a fact. Honestly, with all the comments I read and heard, I was expecting the trigger to be better than it is. It is a good mod for sure, just not sure that everyone who buys one will think it is worth $220.

Also, be prepared to learn how to shoot your glock all over again. With the short reset and much less pretravel involved sometimes the sights are not exactly where I want them yet when I pull the trigger. It will take at least a few more matches until I get used to it.

Good luck. And for what it's worth, if the striker holds up it will have been worth the money to me.

I take it that you haven't spoke to Charlie yet? If you're seriously

considering a match grade trigger group you need to. Of course reading a

bunch of me-me-me posts (like mine :) ) is an alternative...I suppose.

Spend 10 minutes chatting with Mr. Vanek and you'll have more Glock

trigger knowledge than half the me-me's here. :cheers:

Try the Glockworx ultimate fulcrum.....

:ph34r:

can to add some insight as to why u think it is better than a vanek? If not this kind of post add no value to the discussion.

Sure, the fulcrum felt smoother and lighter to me. I like the vanek. I just like the fulcrum more.

When Charlie was doing in house trigger work I sent him my Glock 21C. When he sent it back he said it was not a light as he liked because of the large frame. Clean & lubed it breaks at 1 1/2#. The new 24C has a GM super kit with the Jager striker only because Charlie is no longer doing in house work.

In another post I stated I installed a Glocktrigger.com kit in a different 24 and while it is a vast improvement over stock I am not ready to proclaim a clear winner.

+1...Great trigger.