Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Browning Cynergy

EricW

Yup, this semester's textbooks are sooooo boring I actually read my copy of American Hunter and saw this:

013233m.jpg

Any reviews? The trigger guard looks simply hideous, but the rest the gun seems nice. At under 8 lbs, it may be a tad light for Sporting, but who knows. I'm kind of curious if the new action will hold up under time.

[/Ogling Stuff I Can't Afford Mode]

I've read a couple of reviews on the internet :rolleyes: , and the one constant is the soft recoiling aspect. I understand it has a recoil reducing recoil pad system, but I'm not sure what kind it really is.

Interesting looking gun, somewhat ugly and good looking at the same time. The trigger guard looks like something off an autoloader. Striker fired I read.

They must think us dumb shotgunners really care about that stuff. B)

But, nice to have a new entry from a good manufacturer.

The Sporting Clays web pages are buzzing over the Cynergy. The Browning sponsored shoters are making big claims for handling and recoil reduction. A writer quote a sighting at a gun store for a 32" Cynergy for $2300. There are a lot of "new" over/unders appearing on the market over the least couple of years.

Sporting Clays shooters are almost as bad as USPSA shooters as far as looking for a "magic" shootgun, shell, choke tube, etc. Reduced recoil is the Holy Grail of sporting clays. It may do very well.

Scott

I think clays shooters are too conservative in their OU tastes for the Cynergy.

I see the original post now has a new or different pic. Is that a synthetic stock? I said a long time ago somebody should do a syn stock OU. That almost works. The traditional wood just clashes too much with the new styling bits and angles.

"

Shot the Cynergy today at Bird in Hand, Plains, GA. The gun looks a whole lot better than the photographs. Gun was well finished, although the out of the box stock was too short for me. The gun was slightly barrel heavy, with a 30 inch barrel and extended choke tubes, but a longer stock might help compensate for that. The metal parts were well finished, as was the wood. The springs for the ejectors were very easy to get to. The gun was new and it was still a little difficult to get it to open and close. The ejector rods were round and polished. The bottom barrel has a cut into the receiver to allow the rim of the shell to fit. Overall, I think it's going to be a winner!

This is off the ShotgunSports page.

The Sporting Clays shooters will buy it but it will be thw wood stock, blued version in 30" or 32".

Scott

Fondled one in Gander Mnt. the other day.

Blue barrels, rec looked like brushed stainless, wood, 23someodd$.

Marked Miroku Made in Japan

Saw some investment cast parts. Other parts likely designed for CNC. Doubt there is much hand fitting. Overall fit and finish slightly less well done than the Citori's next to it.

• 3 months later...

I was able to shoot a 28" Cynergy field at a 5 stand event last weekend.

It came up nice and fit me well......I am a little short statured....so I would say the LOP probably a little short for most. You can buy spacers for the gun thru Browning.

This was one of the softest shooting O/U I have ever shot......and I shot it well. breaking 20 out of 25 for my first ever 5 stand round.

I do have to say that personally.....it is one of the most butt ugliest O/U I have ever seen and if i had to buy one of these to shoot SC's.....I'd never shoot the sport.

I have been in the market the last couple weeks for a SC gun and have tried a number of different makes and models.

I almost settled on a 525 - 32" as I did shoot the best round of 5 stand with that one at 22 out of 25....however on the SC course.....I did not fair well at all.....the LOP was way to long for me.

It is a good thing the XS special - 30" worked good for me as it was 3rd best for 5 stand and 2nd on the SC course we have here. And that was the one I end up buying. That too, is very soft shooting although not as soft as the Cynergy....but a whole lot nicer looking.

I also shot one of those Winchester Select energy......and for me....and maybe this was just that particular gun......it just didn't feel right. I could not get it to come up straight....and consistant. Really had to wrestle with it. SUPER un-comfortable for some reason....I just couldn't put my finger on the problem....but there was something wrong. Another guy there tried it too....said the same thing, although he had tried an identical one and it worked fine for him at another shoot.

• 10 months later...

I kind of think this is going to be a love it or hate it gun. <_< Personally it didn't fit me well and kind of left me in an unnatural stance. I guess, being a Browning "Purest" (I have 12 Brownings in the Safe, some of them 30+ years old) it just doesn't have those classic Browning lines, sure do love my new 525 Sporting though. B)

• 1 year later...
It has been a year since the last post. An experienced opinions on how the Browning Cynergy works for sporting or other clay games?

A guy on my trap team shoots a Cynergy, with the ugly plastic stock. It works for him. Obviously, it's a field gun. It should be just fine for clays or whatever, if it fits you.

I know one guy that shoots one and likes it a lot.

No doubt it will work at the clay sports if it fits you, and you like the feel. So, it's simply another choice in O/U's that viable.

They now have some models with more traditional wood stocks...no surprise on that!

I have shot one and it was the most horrible fitting stock I have seen on a browning. I had to really crunch my neck down on the stock to get a good sight alignment. I have had other brownings that did not feel like this. I shoot Beretta's now and have for about 10 years now and they fit me best. The Cynergy just doesnt cut for me. Browning can do alot better than this.

I own a 32" wood stock sporting cynergy and LOVE it. It fit me the best of all the o/u I looked at. The bennelli would have required a custom stock and the other browonings would have also. The cynergy has no hinge pin in it unlike almost every other o/u made. The lack of hinge pin puts the barells in a different place so the guns felt recoil is very soft. I have noticed that the gun fits some people great and others bad. I am 6'4" and it fits great with the stock extention on the recoil pad. Also, some people HATE the gun becouse of the way it looks. I think it looks cool. Of course I have shot the best sporting clays and skeet with the gun becouse it fits so well. It also has some very good mechanical trigers in it. I love my Cynergy so if it fits you I say get one.

Scott