Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Speed Do You Connect To BE's Forums With?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everything from some super-fiber (OC3? more bandwidth than God, anyway) down to what may be the slowest BE access method, GPRS cell-modem at a whopping 10K baud on a good day. But, I can surf with that while waiting through an awards ceremony :D

I just had Broadband TV installed (another 10 English language channels - woohoo!), and they upgraded my dohickey to a nice little white box with three extra pretty flashing lights which my cats keep attacking. Anyway, my PC display tells me I'm getting a connection speed of "100 Mbps", so I may go to Mars for lunch on the weekend :blink:

I've never understood the terminolgy they use for the thing at the other end of my RJ40 connector but, damn, it sure is fast when downloading stuff (and only slightly slower on the upload).

Trouble is when I go to a match in the boondocks in the Philippines, I only get 19k on dialup, but this definitely makes me love my company webmail soooo much more. The "Hold Till I Return To Civilisation" folder gets used a lot ....