Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Congrats Paul Hendrix -- USPSA National Champion!

SteveZ

Congrats go out Paul Hendrix on his recent National Championship. Senior may not be the USPSA catagory "de jour" but from a guy pushing 50...my hat is off to you! :cheers:

Edited by SteveZ

Congrats go out Paul Hendrix on his recent National Championship. Senior may not be the USPSA catagory "de jour" but from a guy pushing 50...my hat is off to you! :cheers:

Steve, you beat me too it. I was trying to find a way to post Paul's win, but couldn't come up with a way. Paul is a great friend, shooter and all around guy. He shot a great match and deserved the win. It was a true pleasure to shoot with him at the SS nationals. Everyone on the squad was racing hard, but still had a lot of fun. Congrats Paul and thanks for everything you have done for me and the sport over the years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats go out Paul Hendrix on his recent National Championship. Senior may not be the USPSA catagory "de jour" but from a guy pushing 50...my hat is off to you! cheers.gif

Steve, you beat me too it. I was trying to find a way to post Paul's win, but couldn't come up with a way. Paul is a great friend, shooter and all around guy. He shot a great match and deserved the win. It was a true pleasure to shoot with him at the SS nationals. Everyone on the squad was racing hard, but still had a lot of fun. Congrats Paul and thanks for everything you have done for me and the sport over the years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 to everything Rob said. I really enjoyed shooting with all the guys on this squad.

Pushing 50...? Senior?

Paul pushed 50 a long time ago, he is 57 and is still shooting stronger than guys much younger than he is. Not to mention he runs his club and works every other local match he shoots! Hard to beat a guy like that.

Folks,

Thanks for all the kind words and support. Shooting has been a large part of my life since 1974 without time away except when I had to work. I've shot various games in all these years. PPC, Bullseye, Action Pistol, Old style 3-Gun, USPSA, Steel Championship, and some IDPA.

I had decided that it was time to take a "break" from shooting before this match. Rob Jessee, Gilbert Perez and some other friends convienced me to go ahead and attend since it was already planned. I'm thankful for my friends and was glad to shoot with a real good squad. The finish with a Senior win at the SSC/USPSA SS Nationals was just frosting on the cake. It has been much fun and there are some really GREAT people involved in the shooting sports.

I have been lucky to have some terrific people support and encourage me over the many years. First thanks to Lester Fortune and John Appel for bringing me to the USPSA type of shooting in 1983. I was supported in my shooting by some GREAT gunsmiths though maybe not as famous as some others. First there was David Pegram at Triad Custom Handguns / TCH. When David left gunsmithing, I met Pat Linthicum. Pat had build my guns since the mid 1990's. Pat unfortunately recently developed some serious health problems that now prevent his continuing at his loved job. I have recently began using Jim Joyce of Jim Joyce Custom in Princeton, W. VA. The gun I shot at this match was originally built by Pat and recently refurbished by Jim. It ran much better than I. I appreciate all the work that these men have done to keep my equipment running all these years. Jim had just a few months ago built the Springfield pistol that Rob shot at this match, it is a great running and looking gun.

I am a fortunate man. To know and have known these men and claim them as friends. I'm sure that there are people that I have left out of this, that should be mentioned. I apologize for any omissions.

Hopefully my time away will be short...however, that is unknown for now.

Please enjoy your time as much as I have in the games. I hope you all have the long run and the tremendous times I've known.

Respectfully,

Paul Hendrix

Edited by pvhendrix

Pushing 50...? Senior?

Paul pushed 50 a long time ago, he is 57 and is still shooting stronger than guys much younger than he is. Not to mention he runs his club and works every other local match he shoots! Hard to beat a guy like that.

I think SteveZ was referring to himself as pushing 50 and how shooting well as a senior is quite an accomplishment.

I think SteveZ was referring to himself as pushing 50 and how shooting well as a senior is quite an accomplishment.

I thought the reference was obvious...but I guess not. If I could win a National Championship at 57....I'd be THRILLED! :bow:

It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Paul has helped me tremendously over the years with advice and gear. Plus he's lefthanded.

GB

Ditto that one! Paul joins a long list of champions from Area 6 of which we are very proud.

Well done Paul.

I wonder why he's technically NOT a "National Champion"?

He represents a category of shooter(Lady, Military, Law, Foriegner, Age), beat both top lady and top junior, yet they are "National Champs" and Paul's not.

Paul should be on the cover of the next front sight.

"The man who won it all" :D

I wonder why he's technically NOT a "National Champion"?

I don't know Paul as well as y'all. I only get to see him regularly at Area6. And he's one of the reasons I look forward to that match. He's worn me out at that match a number of times! (dammit :D )

He's a competitor. And in that category, he's a force.

He's the reigning Senior at the SS Nationals.

I don't care what anyone else calls him -- that's a Nationals champion to me.

:cheers:

• 4 years later...