Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm minor PF

Field

Hello: I am not cool but my shorts are :roflol: I load to 131PF. That way I can go everywhere and still make the power factor. I always load to 6PF over the limit. So at major that is 171PF and for steel 126PF. I have not been under the power factor yet. I am using Montana Gold bullets 121IFP from Manny USA. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

you can't feel the difference between 130 and 135PF.

what gun were you shooting when you made this observation? i personally dont notice a HUGE difference with my xdm9 but its there. when the ammo is wimpier like that your sights will jump very little if you are holding the gun ok and i personally feel i can shoot 132pf stuff a little quicker and easier than shooting 136-138 pf stuff

you can't feel the difference between 130 and 135PF.

what gun were you shooting when you made this observation? i personally dont notice a HUGE difference with my xdm9 but its there. when the ammo is wimpier like that your sights will jump very little if you are holding the gun ok and i personally feel i can shoot 132pf stuff a little quicker and easier than shooting 136-138 pf stuff It's not about what you feel, it's about what you know because the timer shows it. Have you compared them on the clock? I'm guessing not, or you wouldn't be saying this.

Lots of different guns...Glocks, M&Ps, STI Limited guns, 1911s in .40 and .45, Open guns in Super/SC etc. I also know this also from a LOT of chrono work. I can shoot a 20-shot string over the chrono and not be able to tell which is which...when I'm paying attention and trying to notice differences.

Pick a common 9 Minor combination. Say a 147gr FMJ at 900fps for 132PF. Now compare a 136PF load that's at 930fps. Hmmm...that's only 30fps difference. Now, look at what you'd get in a typical string of those 132PF loads over a chrono and you'll know that some of them are already 136PF. If you're shooting you don't stop and say "oh, that one felt 30fps faster" do you? Of course not...because you can't tell the difference. Sure, at some point it's obvious when there's a big difference, but we're not talking about that much here.

Actuall, forget all that. Really, don't worry about it at all. Going sub-minor means you won't shoot for score and you're one less person I have to beat right? ;)

Edited by G-ManBart

I go for at least 135 PF in my production loads. I like this PF as a safety buffer. I have loaded to 120 PF to 140PF in my Glock 34 using 147's, the difference in feel is marginal at most.

Actuall, forget all that. Really, don't worry about it at all. Going sub-minor means you won't shoot for score and you're one less person I have to beat right? ;)

ok yes i beleive what you are saying about there being very very little noticable difference between said loads

Edited by Field