Tungsten Barrels

Precision40

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IMHO tungsten sleeve was just a waste of time and money. It weakens your barrel by trimming it to thinner metal." that space between the barrel and the tungsten???". I don't see the logic were people use tungsten to put weight to the front yet they lighten up the front slide? Duh!

IMHO tungsten sleeve was just a waste of time and money. It weakens your barrel by trimming it to thinner metal." that space between the barrel and the tungsten???". I don't see the logic were people use tungsten to put weight to the front yet they lighten up the front slide? Duh!

Mine has 50k rounds on it and no problems. Depends maybe on the gumsmith doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Nightrod said:

And yet, there is at least one custom gun manufacturer and many professionals who use tungsten sleeved barrels. Maybe you should speak with one of them to get more understanding of the concepts? From your description, you clearly missed it. 

And yet, there is at least one custom gun manufacturer and many professionals who use tungsten sleeved barrels. Maybe you should speak with one of them to get more understanding of the concepts? From your description, you clearly missed it. 
Every gunsmith here in the philippines does it with no problems.

Sent from my SM-A750GN using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Nightrod said:

Reciprocating weight vs static weight.

• 2 weeks later...

So after 15 years of circle jerking and "physics this and that, I'm right and you're wrong even though I never owned a tungsten barrel", did the original questions of whether or not it's worth it get answered?

Basically, how many of you (that actually own a gun with a tungsten barrel) would actually recommend it? I'm looking at getting a Limcat build started in the next few months and this is one of those things where I haven't had a chance to actually shoot one and am hoping to get insight from some owners. I spoke with Julian at the shop about some of the options, but still feel like there's more to consider besides "yeah its a heavier barrel" lol.

23 minutes ago, tacomandood said:

So after 15 years of circle jerking and "physics this and that, I'm right and you're wrong even though I never owned a tungsten barrel", did the original questions of whether or not it's worth it get answered?

Basically, how many of you (that actually own a gun with a tungsten barrel) would actually recommend it? I'm looking at getting a Limcat build started in the next few months and this is one of those things where I haven't had a chance to actually shoot one and am hoping to get insight from some owners. I spoke with Julian at the shop about some of the options, but still feel like there's more to consider besides "yeah its a heavier barrel" lol.

all my Akai guns are tungsten sleeved.  I would not go back to a regular barrel.  They make a huge difference in dot movement and tracking for me.  

all my Akai guns are tungsten sleeved.  I would not go back to a regular barrel.  They make a huge difference in dot movement and tracking for me.  

You have any that are limited 40?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, tacomandood said:

Just shoot mine at the next match... again. In May, as I will be a Berry's Steel the weekend after next. 

14 hours ago, Shadyscott999 said:

My experience as well. The Lim's sell it as the "HBAR" or heavy barrel option and it is worth it for better weight distribution. My wife especially likes that and the steel grip, which adds more weight. Her recoil is considerably less than mine just between the plastic and steel grips. While some don't want the extra weight, she likes it for reduced recoil. 

Edited by Nevadazielmeister

13 hours ago, CzViper said:

You have any that are limited 40?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I have shot a lot of tungsten limited guns.  They are very soft and the sites track well.  

The whole point behind tungsten is you are removing reciprocating mass from the slide and adding stationary weight.