cws357

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a couple of questions for you, your first post you said:

155gr Rainer over 3.6grs of Clays. Out of by G35 it gives me about a 131PF

and then you said:

Hey all, I have been enjoying 3.7grs with a Rainer 155gr. I'm now going to start with 2.8gr behind a Precision 185gr. Thanks for all of your feedback.

now is this 3.7gr load still minor? i'm just curious cause i've been loading 3.2gr with a 180gr extreme plated and i'm getting 135pf with my edge. i just got a chrono, an m2, and this is what it told me. i wonder why the huge difference.

also i tried 3.2gr with a 170gr precision bullet and it gave me 141pf with the edge and with a glock 23 it was 134pf.

all my rounds are seated to 1.135"

anyone have any ideas?

Woodrow, I dont really remember why I went to 3.7 from 3.6gr. 3.7gr is still minor, I shoot IDPA; so not so much major & minor PFs back and forth. I have for the most part shot all the 155 plated bullets I had, now working with some Precision bullets. From them, I have some 155gr and 185gr; for the 155gr I was going to start with 3.3 grs and 2.8 for the 185gr. Those loads should but me close to where I want to be, chrono them and make adjustments as needed.

Once I get them chrono'ed I post results. Remember plated, moly and lead shoot differently, as do different barrels.