Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who makes S&W Model 41 Magwells?

Jaxshooter

Gotcha. How deep are those flutes? Do you know How much weight your slide lost? I think this is such a great way to shoot cheap & have equally as much fun.

Thanks for always being so helpful Bart

JL

Sorry for the delay...missed this. The flutes are about .25" wide and half as deep. The comp is aluminum, and all of that makes the whole barrel assembly much lighter than either a stock 5.5" or 7" (or older 7 3/8") barrel....not sure if it's lighter than the more unusual 5" sport barrel, but those are pretty expensive, since they're not common.

The slide is totally stock, and pretty light to start with. There isn't a whole lot of meat on the slide in the first place, so I'm not sure I'd want to take any weight out of it. Honestly, it's so easy to shoot as it is that I just don't see much reason to change, but I'm sure someone has tried it! R,

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Has anybody got a email adores from The handgunner Gunshop ?

Because I want a magwell for my S&W model 41 also, but I'm from the Netherlands, so sending a email is cheaper than calling :-)

Hope you can help me.

Kind regards,

Richard

I called, he said he does not have any magwells right now and he is too busy to make more. He said he contacted some shops about farming out the production but nothing came of it. I told him I would check back in a few months. He has an email address but never checks it. Keep in touch and hopefully we can get one someday.