Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 75 Shadow Target

badchad

Only in Metallic sight division, and then you could get the trigger to just above 2.5lb. Production you have to start DA first shot.

My Shadow is stock, and would barely if at all make the 3.5lb limit for production.

Only in Metallic sight division, and then you could get the trigger to just above 2.5lb. Production you have to start DA first shot.

Every string, not just the first shot of that particular match.

If you own a shadow and want to use it, fine, but I think first time up shoot it in Metallic, see how it goes, then maybe modify it to meet the 3.5lb rule and then try Production.

Or, you have plenty of time (4 weeks), change it now and go balls to the wall.

The description of the Shadow Target sounds like a "Custom Shop" pistol to me, which means it is not legal for NRA AP Production...

Shoot it cocked and locked in Metallic.

The CZ 75 Shadow Target is a competition ready IPSC Production Division pistol. Starting with a trigger job by world champion Angus Hobdell’s CZ Custom Shop, this version of the SP-01 Shadow gets the competition treatment including a TRT rear sight, cocobolo grips, competition springs, and a CZ Custom stainless guide rod. Are you ready? Standby……...
Edited by Griz

• 2 weeks later...

The description of the Shadow Target sounds like a "Custom Shop" pistol to me, which means it is not legal for NRA AP Production...

I hear ya. But then I read this...

"The second question is “what about Performance Center guns” – i.e. are they eligible for Production Division? The answer to this is “yes and no”. Because the Performance Center guns are catalog items available to the wide public, some of them are eligible for Production Division; however because some of the PC guns are clearly designed as “competition only” guns, those would be ineligible. The example Tom used was to look at the Performance Center 627 guns. There are several models of 627 available in the Smith and Wesson Performance Center catalog. This model is a vanilla 627. It has a five inch barrel, standard iron sights, and no “competition only” touches. This model would most likely be fine in Production Division."

...from here: http://gunnuts.net/2010/01/28/nra-bianchi-cup-production-division-rules-clarification/

If you ask me the 3.5 lb rule for every trigger, combined with a requirement to start DA really blows out a lot of pistols from competing well in Production. On my gun I have to up my mainspring to get SA over 3.5 lb and that puts my DA pull over 9 lb.

If you ask me the 3.5 lb rule for every trigger, combined with a requirement to start DA really blows out a lot of pistols from competing well in Production. On my gun I have to up my mainspring to get SA over 3.5 lb and that puts my DA pull over 9 lb.

But that is the point. It will be as level a playing field as can possibly be made, but to allow as many different guns as is out there.

The problem with metallic sight is that is is essentially a three horse race.

1. 1911 and a vaiety of clones, from a variety of makers, all modified to buggery to take advantage of the available rules.

2. S&W Revolvers, tricked up again. 8" barrels and full on Aristocrat type sights.

3. SIG X6 (in Europe) and some of the guys who come over from Germany.

I would like to see a list of equipment used in Production when they are all signed in at the Cup. I bet there is a huge array of all sorts of guns.

A stock Beretta 92FS can be used in Production and it's trigger is somewhat nearer 10lb and 4 1/2lbs. That means you can polish it up a bit and still comply with the rules. My Glock is 4.5lbs at it's lightest and I have never measured the full pull.

Now, all the top dogs will try and get their gun to meet the lowest wieght limit and still set off rounds in DA mode. This is part of the "game". They will always be able to get the better of the rules because they have all the gear and will be better prepared (equipment wise). You have to get the best you can out of your gun and do as much practice as it takes to get you to teh level you wish and can achieve.

I am now on my third Metallic gun, back then stock class. The first was a Tanfoglio P19 9mm the next stock Colt Combat Elite in 38Super, which had all the changes that I was allowed under stock gun. Sights and Trigger Job. It died after 30K rounds. Now I have all the options on a STI 6" gun.

For production I have an unmodified Glock17, I do OK, considering the lack of shooting with that firearm. I currently do not consider myself up to speed in Production to bring that with me. Trigger is factory. Sights are Trijcion front, std Rear. That's it. I can if I want use the -2 connector and it makes the 3.5lb rule. JUST. My old Glock does not.

SO do what you have to to comply and see how it goes. I think shooting the gun lots is more important than trying to get every advantage you can at this late stage (if you are going to the Cup).

Edited by gm iprod