Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 potential USPSA stages

Pro2AInPA

On stage 2: If you are blocking the steel on the right frombeing engaged in the second port by putting no shoots, prepare for many reshoots due to range equipment failure. Consider using barrels or something that cannot be penetrated by bullet which then knocks down steel plates/poppers.

Looks fun, though.

On stage 2: If you are blocking the steel on the right frombeing engaged in the second port by putting no shoots, prepare for many reshoots due to range equipment failure. Consider using barrels or something that cannot be penetrated by bullet which then knocks down steel plates/poppers.

Looks fun, though.

Good call. :cheers:

On stage 3 -- you're going to kill your set-up crew with all those walls, which coincidentally don't do anything for you. I'd step out to the first port on the left or right, clean up the entire side, come back in and shoot the target on the end and maybe the center on, float around the end of the center wall, hit the first opening on the other side and finish.....

Knock out the center wall, and turn some/most of your other walls 90 degrees, and you have a way of scattering targets that will appear as the shooter moves down range. Creative placement of no-shoots, can make shooting on the move the most attractive option, as the competitor needs to turret back and forth between targets on the left or right.....

Consider a low wall at the end -- kind of like Stage 6 at Topton on Sunday -- but put a fault line down ahead of it. Take your three targets that are shootable at the end and put them up at different heights. That'll make something available as people are moving toward the faultline. If you set the heights correctly, the last target should become visible pretty close to the faultline, with the others having revealed themselves every few steps.....

One of the biggest concepts is to avoid the approach of "run here, hose 3-4 targets, repeat..." That's a perfectly acceptable test -- but you can achieve that with a single array, and do something different with the remaining targets/rounds to be fired....

Second stage could be a potential "RO Trap". If I were to shoot that stage, I won't go too far forward enough to allow an RO back behind me when retreating on the second half of the stage. I would say, create a "doorway somewhere on the middle wall so that an RO can go through that wall, rather than hope you go far enough forward to get behind you.

Other than that, great job!! :cheers:

On stage 3 -- you're going to kill your set-up crew with all those walls, which coincidentally don't do anything for you. I'd step out to the first port on the left or right, clean up the entire side, come back in and shoot the target on the end and maybe the center on, float around the end of the center wall, hit the first opening on the other side and finish.....

Knock out the center wall, and turn some/most of your other walls 90 degrees, and you have a way of scattering targets that will appear as the shooter moves down range. Creative placement of no-shoots, can make shooting on the move the most attractive option, as the competitor needs to turret back and forth between targets on the left or right.....

Consider a low wall at the end -- kind of like Stage 6 at Topton on Sunday -- but put a fault line down ahead of it. Take your three targets that are shootable at the end and put them up at different heights. That'll make something available as people are moving toward the faultline. If you set the heights correctly, the last target should become visible pretty close to the faultline, with the others having revealed themselves every few steps.....

One of the biggest concepts is to avoid the approach of "run here, hose 3-4 targets, repeat..." That's a perfectly acceptable test -- but you can achieve that with a single array, and do something different with the remaining targets/rounds to be fired....

Let's not talk about stage 6 on Sunday, Nik. Cost me the win in Limited. :P

• 1 month later...

I know I'm coming late to this thread, but here were my thoughts. Stage two as it was originally designed: Push back targets 3,4,5,and 6 so 5 and 6 can be engaged from the first port, put a NS on the wall and give a part of 4, and block any shot on 3 with the wall it's next to from the first port. This get's rid of all the floating NS's in the middle of the stage. Use one wall instead of the second set of floating NS's and give a hard shot to the very last paper on the right, but block off the plates with the perpendicular wall. No more floating NS's and it will give shooters more options. They will have to weigh risk vs reward.

Stage 3, I would just get rid of the middle walls and let the shooter figure out what to do at that point. No more RO trap and drastically reduces the chances of a really bad 180 violation.