Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TG, G17, 147gr

WildWest N AZ

So ive messed around with 3.2 & 3.3 grs of TG, and with OAL of 1.135 and seems as if maybe my OAL is a bit to long? My 17 dosent seem to shot really accurate with these loads? Maybe its just me not sure? Ive done a bit of topic searching and seems maybe 1.120 to 1.125 maybe a better OAL for my reloads, and also what is the better load of TG 3.2 or 3.3 grs under 147gr bullet? Whats worked for you guys in your 17's?

Thanks alittle confused here, WWNAZ...

Jacketed, Lead, Polymer (Black bullet) Coated or Plated.

For JHP 3.2gr works for me. My 17 will not work flash with the others. But knocking it back to 3.1gr under a Poly OCated bullet was better. Still not as good as the JHP.

OAL on all was 1.15" except JHP where I used 1.125"

You can but try.

Jacketed, Lead, Polymer (Black bullet) Coated or Plated.

For JHP 3.2gr works for me. My 17 will not work flash with the others. But knocking it back to 3.1gr under a Poly OCated bullet was better. Still not as good as the JHP.

OAL on all was 1.15" except JHP where I used 1.125"

You can but try.

Berrys plated 147grs

Sorry for the delay. It is duck shooting soon down here and we are a little busy at the gunshop.

Try 3.0gr at the longest OAL you can chamber. This way you can either creep up the powder or shorten the OAL to get the result desired.

So i decided to play around with my Oal, and went with 3.2grs of TG? My end results had me dropping my Oal from 1.135 down to 1.120. This little change seemed to work very nice in my G17. Now that I have good starting point I can really start to play around with it to see what my 17 really shoots well? Thanks for the help....

Pulled a couple of targets, and I have a nice 3/4" by 3/4" group of 5 from 25 yards out of a Glock 34. The load is 3.0 of TG, 147Gr Hornady, and an OAL of 1.130. Same load out of a stock Glock 17 went 3/4" by 1 1/2" from 25 yards.

Seems like that combination, 147Gr hollow point, 3.0 grains of TG (+/- 1 or 2 tenths) and an OAL of 1.130 shoots really well in most guns. Haven't bothered to tweak the load for that bullet weight. The lead and solids work almost as well, don't think I've seen a group larger than 3".