Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIRT pistol

eric nielsen

Hi Antichrome,

Hey sorry if you did not get your SIRT yet. I am having someone check into that asap. Could you give me a call and we will get it to you right away. Again sorry for any delay. Mike Hughes

Mike, Thanks!

PM sent.

take care...Robert

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome product Mike. Got to play with Taran's last week in my hotel room before a match and it was great. I posted the videos on my Facebook account. I setup some hotel room cups and was shooting at them from across the room with great accuracy. Check it out guys on Facebook "Rafael Esqueda" under videos. Taran has made it a part of his training program for his classes.

Awesome product Mike. Got to play with Taran's last week in my hotel room before a match and it was great. I posted the videos on my Facebook account. I setup some hotel room cups and was shooting at them from across the room with great accuracy. Check it out guys on Facebook "Rafael Esqueda" under videos. Taran has made it a part of his training program for his classes.

Here's a video link.

http://www.facebook.com/rafael.esqueda?v=app_2392950137#!/video/video.php?v=1498616036461

http://www.facebook.com/rafael.esqueda?v=app_2392950137#!/video/video.php?v=1498617916508

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had one now for over a year and use it very often. Yes they fit almost any glock holster except duty or competition holsters that have a barrel insert or rod for retention such as some of the Safariland holsters. I really like using it for a variety of purposes. I use it quite often for dry fire practice in my home and garage. I also use it in training, I conduct a lot of training for LE and private classes and it has now replaced my red gun as my training prop. Not only is it a safet trainer (I got the red one) I can also demonstrate the techniques and show how they work by pressig the trigger and students can see where the hits would be and how the firearm is aligned/aimed etc. Their customer service is top notch, I had an issue with the red laser take up portion and they took care of me very fast, and they covered shipping. I have been very impressed with the prodcut and get a lot of good feedback from the students when they can see the laser versus other instructors just using a prop gun/red gun. I also use it on the range and give it to students to diagnose trigger issues, anticipation etc.

Overall I am very pleased with my purchase. Looking forward to checking out their AR products in the future.

I've got one as well. I have a separate rig that I use for teaching with a Safariland Duty holster. I just took the belt sander to the barrel stud and problem solved. I normally wear this on my offside in a Blackhawk Serpa holster and a Glock 17R in the duty rig for training days. Both have their strengths. I had one of the first gen ones. Issues with the red laser. Sent it back in and they sent me a brand new one. The red laser is a bit dim for outdoor training, but the green shows up quite well even on bright days.

During our current training rotation I'm using it to demonstrate wobble zone, trigger control, as an aiming point for point shoothing and to demo when to put the finger on the trigger during the draw. Working great so far.

• 5 months later...

Has anyone had trouble getting the pins out of the slide in order to take the slide off of the SIRT, or am I the only one? In order to change the battery or tweak anything in the SIRT, the slide has to come off, and in order for the slide to come off, the two slide pins have to come out. Not only did I try using the little hex wrench that came in the SIRT case to try to get the pins out, I also tried using a Glock punch (that allows me to use more force). I was not able to get the pins out using either tool. It is like they are welded in their or something! I watched the 'advanced SIRT armorer' YouTube video where Mike says they had to put the pins in tight because of defensive tactic training, but I didn't think they would be so tight I can't get them out!

Edited by Cheshire_Cat

I would love to get one of these, but I can't justify the price right now. Almost as much as another glock. Does anyone find that they are focusing more on the laser than the front sight, or is it more of a peripheral vision thing?

Got mines last week.Love it . My son a I compete in the livingroom shooting from the hip. We're getting alot better. We don't use the pre travel laser though. Gotta focus on the sights and not the laser. The SIRT mag release may be my only concern for a bad habit. It drops the mag with half the movement vs my glocks. I jumped to the full gear to dry handle and wasn't dropping the mag. So now when on the SIRT, I keep in mind to depress harder.

Got mines last week.Love it . My son a I compete in the livingroom shooting from the hip. We're getting alot better. We don't use the pre travel laser though. Gotta focus on the sights and not the laser. The SIRT mag release may be my only concern for a bad habit. It drops the mag with half the movement vs my glocks. I jumped to the full gear to dry handle and wasn't dropping the mag. So now when on the SIRT, I keep in mind to depress harder.

That is because it is an extended magazine release. I agree that I would like to have the option to change it to a stock mag release. I am not sure if that is possible because I haven't been able to get the slide off. Are you able to get the pins out of the slide in order to get the slide off?

That is because it is an extended magazine release. I agree that I would like to have the option to change it to a stock mag release. I am not sure if that is possible because I haven't been able to get the slide off. Are you able to get the pins out of the slide in order to get the slide off?

The extended mag release doesnt make mags drop sooner,just easier.

My SIRT will drop the mag at 1/16" of the mag release pressed.

My G34 and G35 will drop the mag at 1/8" or just a weee bit past.

I have no reason yet to remove the slide. Do you need battery replacement already?

I have no reason yet to remove the slide. Do you need battery replacement already?

I never said that it makes mags drop sooner...

Neither my duty nor carry weapon have extended magazine catches (I don't like how it rubs against my support hand during recoil), so I would like to have the option to change to a regular magazine catch if this is possible. As I mentioned in one of my above posts, I am not sure if this is possible because I haven't been able to get the slide off. I do not need to replace the battery already, but a squeaking noise has developed from the trigger mechanism when I press at the pressure wall to make the shot break. This is annoying, because I shoot from the pressure wall reset. Plus, I also want to determine if I can replace the extended mag catch with a stock mag catch.

I've taken the slide off as that is where you go to do the adjustments to the trigger.

Well, that and I like to take things apart.

Did you have any trouble getting the pins out? Either it is me, or it may just be my specific SIRT. I am trying to determine what actions I should take next (i.e. send it back, continue trying to take it apart etc.). Thank you for the response.

Edited by Cheshire_Cat

Did you have any trouble getting the pins out? Either it is me, or it may just be my specific SIRT. I am trying to determine what actions I should take next (i.e. send it back, continue trying to take it apart etc.). Thank you for the response.

First time they were tight and I had to use a punch to push them out. Now they go back and forth with no problem.

The SIRT mag release may be my only concern for a bad habit. It drops the mag with half the movement vs my glocks. I jumped to the full gear to dry handle and wasn't dropping the mag. So now when on the SIRT, I keep in mind to depress harder.

That is because it is an extended magazine release.

I never said that it makes mags drop sooner...

Sorry,tried to interpret.

Do you still think the extended magazine release is the cause?

First time they were tight and I had to use a punch to push them out. Now they go back and forth with no problem.

Interesting.

Yes, I think the extended mag catch makes it easier to drop a magazine. I used to have one on my G19, but then switched to a stock mag catch. It took me awhile to change the muscle memory so that it was easy to drop a magazine with the stock magazine catch. Of course this will depend on each individual, their hand size, the size of the gun, etc. But for me I prefer she stock mag catch because it is more "universal", that is, I don't become dependent on anything.

Edited by Cheshire_Cat

Yes, I think the extended mag catch makes it easier to drop a magazine. I used to have one on my G19, but then switched to a stock mag catch. It took me awhile to change the muscle memory so that it was easy to drop a magazine with the stock magazine catch. Of course this will depend on each individual, their hand size, the size of the gun, etc. But for me I prefer she stock mag catch because it is more "universal", that is, I don't become dependent on anything.

Last i remember G34/G35 comes with extended magazine release . :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I've had my SIRT for about 3 months and it's helped my trigger control immensely. I'm a lot more accurate now than I was in September-- it was a huge performance increase in 3 months compared to my other 1 1/2 years that I've been shooting. The instant feedback from the laser showed me when I was mashing and I was able to make adjustments to my grip and how I pressed the trigger. Repeat the instant feedback thousands of times and you can imagine how the SIRT can help people improve at least with this issue. I use just the shot break laser at POA/POI and not the take-up laser.

Does anyone find that they are focusing more on the laser than the front sight, or is it more of a peripheral vision thing?

It took a little effort to make sure I stayed focused on the sight. Even if you stay front sight focused you can still tell where the laser breaks on the target. Also, you can adjust the "windage" on the lasers to that they land wherever you'd like (i'm guesstimating within a 5-10 degree vertical and horizontal arc) so if you truly want it in your peripheral vision it shouldn't be an issue.

Same here, I had to use a punch and a mallet the first couple of times. I took the slide off a lot when I was fine tuning trigger settings to make it match my stock G17 as close as possible. Now I can just use a punch the same way as I would my Glock.

Edited by SeaTact

Same here, I had to use a punch and a mallet the first couple of times. I took the slide off a lot when I was fine tuning trigger settings to make it match my stock G17 as close as possible. Now I can just use a punch the same way as I would my Glock.

I finally got the slide off. I took a hammer to the back of my punch and after several hits it did the trick.

It seems like a no brainer but I just wanted to make sure before I dropped the cash, but will this work with the laserlyte target?... :blush: <link redacted>

Assuming that target is using the LED as both a photodetector as well as in a more traditional fashion for the display, I would assume the red/red laser version of the SIRT would work with that target. I wouldn't be so sure with the green/red laser version of the SIRT, at least without swapping the function of the two lasers.

I've got my SIRT in the office with a bunch of targets taped to my wall. Whenever I need a break, I just practice trigger control and transitioning between targets. I love the thing, and it works fantastically even when focusing on the front sight. Of course, I would recommend you have a relatively lax employer before trying the same thing.

I will also neither confirm nor deny that one can be reasonably accurate holding the pistol sideways with a little practice.

It seems like a no brainer but I just wanted to make sure before I dropped the cash, but will this work with the laserlyte target?... :blush: <link redacted>

Assuming that target is using the LED as both a photodetector as well as in a more traditional fashion for the display, I would assume the red/red laser version of the SIRT would work with that target. I wouldn't be so sure with the green/red laser version of the SIRT, at least without swapping the function of the two lasers.

I've got my SIRT in the office with a bunch of targets taped to my wall. Whenever I need a break, I just practice trigger control and transitioning between targets. I love the thing, and it works fantastically even when focusing on the front sight. Of course, I would recommend you have a relatively lax employer before trying the same thing.

I will also neither confirm nor deny that one can be reasonably accurate holding the pistol sideways with a little practice.

Thanks for the reply. I ordered the red version sirt and the laserlyte target yesterday so your reply gives me a little piece of mind until they both arrive. It dawned on me this morning that this combo will be a great tool in learning to call my shots. Edited by brandrum