Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$60 for flat rate shipping on 5000 125gr 9mm

Blaster

I just got email from Midway that they shipped my backorder of 5000 rainer 9mm 124gr hps. They charged me for 5 flat rate USPS boxes each containing 1000 bullets each for total of $60 . I call customer service to ask why not combine bullets into 2 boxes? Said will not fit.On top of this I called 2 months ago and told them to ship backorder UPS only.What to do? Blaster

They will fit into two boxes. It is aggravating the way certain companies fail to consider the fact we are all trying to save money. I would definitely refuse to pay or refuse the credit card charge since they didn't ship it the way you asked. At the very least, I would contact them & tell them that is what you are going to do. You told them UPS, they sent it a different way, you deserve the cost difference refunded to your card.

www.montanagoldbullet.com ships 3750 9mm 124gr jhp bullets in ONE flat rate box, why can't Midway?

MLM

Guess they never heard of LARGE flat rate (or how to follow instructions). Medium is 10.95 and large is 13.95 and they get a discount off that price. I would definitely call them one more time. If that does not work its CC dispute/chargeback time. Don't know how those bullets are packaged but Zero fits 2000 9mm in a medium flat rate. I was going back and forth between Midway and Grafs on a recent big order... glad I went with Grafs and free shipping.

Edited by millisec

Another thought, obviously no one truly has "free" shipping but shipping is included in price at several different vendors, including montana gold.

Every time in the last year I have bought from the place you bought from, the shipping calculator is wrong. It just "happens" to be lower than the true cost. Strange coincidence, isn't it?

MLM

Guess they never heard of LARGE flat rate (or how to follow instructions). Medium is 10.95 and large is 13.95 and they get a discount off that price. I would definitely call them one more time. If that does not work its CC dispute/chargeback time. Don't know how those bullets are packaged but Zero fits 2000 9mm in a medium flat rate. I was going back and forth between Midway and Grafs on a recent big order... glad I went with Grafs and free shipping.

The weight limit for Flat Rate is 70# so that eliminates a large box because my last order from Montana Gold in a medium box was 69#.

I'd eat this one and switch bullets. Your are paying $475 + shipping for 5k rounds... If they ship it for $25 you paid $500, that's 0.10/bullet.

Montana gold you could buy 7500 montana golds 124 jhp for $600, for .08/bullet.

You could get your name in the backorder line at roze or shooter's connection for 125gr jhp zero and pay a little less than .09/bullet.

Midway likely will fix your problem, but why fight a company to give them money? Someone at montana gold or Roze or Shooters connection will be happy to take your money and not ship like an idiot...

I would still fight to get a refund on the shipping. They made the mistake regarding your shipping preference so they should eat the mistake. Call back and ask for a manager. Be polite BUT firm. If you get no satisfaction then ask for the managers supervisor. Go up as far as you need to go. Record names and the gist of the conversations. If you have to, dispute the charges with your card company.

After all is said and done whether it get's settled to your satisfaction or not I would write a personal letter to the owner of Midway (Larry P) and explain to him why you will never spend another dime with his company. :angry2:

Then start buying bullets from Montana Gold. They know how to treat their customers. :cheers:

CYa,

Pat

Call back and ask for a manager. Be polite BUT firm.

One technique I use when trying to resolve a problem is ask "Do you have the authority to do what I am asking, or is that beyond you decision making authority?". If the answer is no, I ask to speak to someone with sufficient authority to actually make a decision rather than someone who will simply arrive at a decision within the limited scope of their authority.

Call back and ask for a manager. Be polite BUT firm.

One technique I use when trying to resolve a problem is ask "Do you have the authority to do what I am asking, or is that beyond you decision making authority?". If the answer is no, I ask to speak to someone with sufficient authority to actually make a decision rather than someone who will simply arrive at a decision within the limited scope of their authority.

I'll have to remember this! Great idea. :cheers:

CYa,

Pat

So I all most fell over when the mailman delivered 5 flat rate boxes. Sat at a IDPA match I talked to 2 other guys having problems getting flat rate boxes delivered to their homes.So I opened the flat rate boxes and box of 1000 bullets was mostly surronded by padding. I was able to get 3000 bullets in one flat rate box. Called Midway explained and they took $38 off shipping charge no hassle. Blaster

I was able to get 3000 bullets in one flat rate box. Called Midway explained and they took $38 off shipping charge no hassle. Blaster

Just what is their problem? :surprise:

A.T.

P.S. Yeah, I understand they took care of you, but who's in charge of their shipping dept.?

Edited by atbarr

So I all most fell over when the mailman delivered 5 flat rate boxes. Sat at a IDPA match I talked to 2 other guys having problems getting flat rate boxes delivered to their homes.So I opened the flat rate boxes and box of 1000 bullets was mostly surronded by padding. I was able to get 3000 bullets in one flat rate box. Called Midway explained and they took $38 off shipping charge no hassle. Blaster

Glad to hear they took care of you :cheers:

Nobody gets a discount on shipping parcels.

If you set up an account online and print your shipping labels, you get a discounted rate from USPS on flat rate shipping.

Edited by Hammar

They will fit into two boxes. It is aggravating the way certain companies fail to consider the fact we are all trying to save money. I would definitely refuse to pay or refuse the credit card charge since they didn't ship it the way you asked. At the very least, I would contact them & tell them that is what you are going to do. You told them UPS, they sent it a different way, you deserve the cost difference refunded to your card.

www.montanagoldbullet.com ships 3750 9mm 124gr jhp bullets in ONE flat rate box, why can't Midway?

MLM

They make extra money from shipping. Midway Sucks!!!!

Doesn't anybody remember when Midway offered free shipping on everything?

Oh, then they went to "fair and honest" shipping charges.

Wonder what they call their shipping policy now?

It is Midway not Miway.............