Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Etiquette - Quoting & Pictures

Flexmoney

When quoting a post from another member in a thread, you don't need to quote the pictures as well...almost all the time.

Everybody knows what the pictures look like...because they are right there in the thread already.

And, beyond taking up extra space repeating content...you kill the thread for those that are on slower internet connections!

So, when you quote...delete the quoted pictures before you hit the button to post.

Good karma will flow your way. cool.gif

av-690.jpg

When quoting a post from another member in a thread, you don't need to quote the pictures as well...almost all the time.

Everybody knows what the pictures look like...because they are right there in the thread already.

And, beyond taking up extra space repeating content...you kill the thread for those that are on slower internet connections!

So, when you quote...delete the quoted pictures before you hit the button to post.

^ What he said ^

av-690.jpg

When quoting a post from another member in a thread, you don't need to quote the pictures as well...

Delete the line of code that starts with

[ i m g ] and ends with [/ i m g ]

These are the "images" mixed into all the gobbly-dee-gook of the previous post.

Extra spaces added

Thanks for this post Flex...thought it many times but too lazy to post it <_<

Edited by hk_mtbr

Good karma will flow your way.

^ What he said ^

Most browsers are smart enough, that when they show the same image in multiple places, it only gets downloaded once. So there really is not a bandwidth issue.

The other points do have value. B)

av-690.jpgav-690.jpgav-690.jpgav-690.jpg

av-690.jpg

Gomer_Icon128.jpg

^ What he said ^

+1

Good call-out, Flex. I often check the forums on my phone (when I'm supposed to be working, like right now) and it's a royal pain having to scroll through all that extraneous gobbledygook.

deleted.

I was afraid Flex wouldn't see the humor in what I had done.

Humor? I recognize that.

"You know, you're in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history.."

Edited by JThompson

• 3 weeks later...