Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

List of Who has Primers

redwoods

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, who's used Tula primers and how did they work out?

They are really hard. You will feel the difference when seating them in the case. They seem to work ok as long as the gun will set hard primers off

I've used 5000 Wolf SPP and 5000 Wolf Mag SPP in my Glocks 17 & 19 with great results. I'm about 900 into 5000 Tula SPP (lead free) and I've maybe 3 that didn't ignite.

There is a lot of internet discussion regarding the origins of Wolf and Tula, some saying they are made in the same place, some saying not.

All I know is I've been pleased with the performance of Tula primers thus far.

Ok, that was 'fun.'

Tula small pistol still in stock at PV.

Got some Tula NATO small rifle and Tula Magnum small rifle before they went OOS; didn't take very long. :(

Note pre-panic prices, but not too bad, $23.50 or $24.50/k.

I didn't see anything on PV about order limits, but I limited to 10k/type and didn't get any more small pistol - maybe stupid, but I figure I've got enough for the year+ at the moment, and hopefully more shooters will get them vs the GB lowlifes.

So much for that. Apparently one of the line item I ordered was OOS, or so PV is claiming - they canceled the entire order, with no recourse, even though their stock system 'captured' the items I ordered as the order was placed.

This blows. Looks like the only way to place a successful order is to order a single primer type, place a second order immediately after, and eat the HazMat fee multiple times.

Not too thrilled at the moment.

Tried to order 10k SRM/223 and 10k SRM/556

Just an FYI - As of now PV is still showing Small Rifle Primers, Large Rifle Primers, and Large Pistol primers in stock.

It's amazing how fast primers disappear... I guess I need to get FB.....

It is pretty incredible, isn't it?

I was working 7a-7p, so I knew I wouldn't catch them...but it looks like there were all sold in much less than 2 hrs. I guess that's longer than most sites...

Oh Well...there's always back orders...I hope. ;)