Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Video Cards

B.J. Norris

It looks like the Raedon and the Geforce2 are the two hot ones right now. Thinking 128 MB AGP card should work for me. Is there anything better? maybe a 256 mb? Was checking CompUSA out the other day and it seemed that they had a 64 MB ATI that cost more than the 128... Whaaa? Whats up there?

Check New Egg for the best deals on computer stuff. What kind of things will you want to do with the new card? Also when it comes to Graphics cards the real thing to look at is price, because the new ones out will fetch the highest price but may not be that much better.

Looking at newegg.com, it seems I could get 256 MB 5600 for only about 30 dollars more than a 128 MB 5200 Ultra, is it worth the extra cash? Trying to find something on a budget that will last a few years (I hope..... with a new, "better" chipset every 6 months or so, it could be tough.....)

• 5 months later...

Remember yall, you can crank up the vid card and add RAM etc. but the soul of your machine is the motherboard and no amount of top ending it will enhance your experience long-term. Your north and south bridges have to be able to realize or handle the demands of your video card, and only so much can be realized with a weak mainboard.

Regards,

Sandoz

Labworks Custom Computers