Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Frank Klein #CA18

JTew

To the man who helped me start my competition shooting. Frank Klein was the first person to welcome me when I went to watch my first USPSA match. I wanted to use the range to get in practice for GSSF, and to use that particular range, you had to belong and compete in USPSA matches. I joined and he helped me get my start. Frank went in the hospital to have a tumor removed from his lung. I have been told that the tumor grew into his heart and he passed away during the procedure to remove it, he was 57 years old. He was a kind man, and he will be missed greatly and I know he is in a beautiful place. God Bless You + Frank +.

Edited by JTew

:cheers: That one is for Frank. While I was not even an acquaintance of his, he sounds like a great guy whose loss will be a loss for the shooting commuinity as a whole. I hope that we can all be such good ambassadors of our sport to the newbies we meet.

JZ

I can't say that I knew Frank well -- though by looking at his classification record, he was present at my very first USPSA match, and at so many matches afterwards. He was one of the most encouraging members, when I became the (very inexperienced) match director at that same club. He was always a gentleman, even after I ran over his range bag with a golf cart, and I can't remember the number of times he said "Thank you."

Frank always seemed genuinely glad to see everyone he met -- whether it was first time meeting or seeing someone he ran into regularly, or seeing someone return to the sport. He was a terrific guy to squad new shooters with -- friendly, approachable, concerned about helping them through the match safely....

I'll miss him!

Frank was a fairly regular presence at Old Bridge in recent years. Also at CJ. I can't say I knew him well, but he was always a pleasant person. I don't think I ever heard an unkind word from or about him. We will all miss him.

Rest well.