Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ-USA Model 712 Utility

Question to the group:

Is the front bead removable? I'm considering replacing it instead of using the Hiviz Birdbuster magnetic attach fiber optic replacement. Thank you.

Comments:

I would love a properly made bolt handle to go on this.

Dremel purchased, need to find time to open up the end of the magazine tube.

The front bead unscrews. Some will break off, be careful and use even pressure on the pliers.

gerrit

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Michael1778,

I would recommend not going with the magnetic kind just because your likely to lose it during matches when you bump it here or there. Hivis makes the competition sight. It holds a lot of light and is very easy to see. It does require taking the brass bead off but is very easy to install. Just like with anything gun wise as long as you apply even pressure the bead comes off very easy.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31lkJs1QI2L._SS500_.jpg

Michael1778,

I would recommend not going with the magnetic kind just because your likely to lose it during matches when you bump it here or there. Hivis makes the competition sight. It holds a lot of light and is very easy to see. It does require taking the brass bead off but is very easy to install. Just like with anything gun wise as long as you apply even pressure the bead comes off very easy.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31lkJs1QI2L._SS500_.jpg

Thank you, Ryan.

I've come to that conclusion as well. I'll swap out the front bead for a better sight fit; likely that one you mentioned.

-- Mike

Edited by michael1778

Got my 712 today. Bone dry. Little disappointed in the plastic to metal fit. Metal finish was very good and if it runs I will be pleased. I am a long time 1100 shooter and am unfamiliar with CZ system although it looks very much like the FN which I have shot but not messed with much. Question. How do you load with the bolt closed and one on the carrier or lifter with a full magazine. I can do the bolt closed one on the carrier deal but can not figure out how to top off the magazine. Thanks.

horseman if you load the mag then pull the bolt about 3/4 of way back slide a shell in under the bolt and push the button on the lifter then push the shell down so the bolt will close. You could also put a shell in the chamber too.

Schultz

Thanks, sshultz, worked slick. I did try to load one on the lifter and one in the chamber. It didn't like that too much. Was the only failure to feed I had all day. You don't happen to know the thread measurement of the front bead do you?

Ran 50 Federal 3 dram 1 1/8 Wal-Mart loads ran fine both with the Nordic prototype bolt handle and without. I think that bolt handle is going to be a must have for anyone that has the CZ. It just takes the pain out of racking the bolt.

Hey guys I am a Semiauto noob and I am unsure how to remove the bolt handle on the 712. Do you just pull it out or is there something that you need to do or is there a position that the bolt needs to be in to get it to come off? Sorry about the BASIC question but I do not want to damage my gun by doing something wrong. :unsure:

Thanks

Alan

After you take the barrel off look at the bolt and you will see a half moon cut on the top and bottom. make sure the bolt is lined up with that notch and then pull the handle out. You mmay need to use a pliers at first. The cuts in the bolt are where the bolt handle slides back and forth.

I got some work back from a good source that there is going to be some light recoil springs soon, so no more dremeling the springs to run light loads! keep your fingers crossed they come out ok BUT don't get in a great hurry there is still some testing that will have to be done.

I'll see if I can find out anything about CZ wanting to get into the 3-gun with a shotgun as I have a very good source of that kind of information here in town. Only thing that is going to make it difficult is these shotguns are made in Turkey, CZ needs to spec out what they want built or find someone to mod them for them to take off and work like they should out of the box.

A true built 3-gun shotgun under a grand that WORKS would be awesome. All you guys that want to run 2 3/4 dram loads keep your fingers crossed on the light springs and I'll let ya know how everything comes out. Later,

Kirk

I've reduced my shooting to just my local 3 gun bimonthly matches. <_< So I my experiences with my cz are becoming more limited.....not a big deal as I've had many other hobbies and I'm just trying to find a balance with time and $$$.

I shot Saturday and lent my gun to a friend on our last stage. He shot it great and sho nuff...it hiccuped on me. FTE. Which is a first on this gun in the 10 matches I've used it.

I shortened my recoil spring and couldn't tell a difference with my cheap game loads, but haven't tried anything lighter.

I'll be eyeballing this forum for the release of the Nordic bolt handle. That would have been nice last weekend in the cold.

Guys,

To be honest I've really had no reasons to lighten my springs. For the past couple of matches I've been running the cheap walmart #8 value pack federals for the birdshot and the Federal Tru Ball Low-Recoil slugs. Everything is pretty light in the recoil department if you ask me and I'm happy with the POA/POI of the slugs and never have any FTE's or anything.

Really at this point once Nordic releases the bolt handle I think I'll be completed.

My son shot his in a 3 gun match yesterday that had a lot more rounds and it ran great. Shooting the cheap $4.99 a box Federal 3 1/4 dram, 7.5, 1 oz. loads. There was another CZ 712 in tha match. Kind of surprised us to see one. His ran good too. I think he was shooting Winchester AA loads.

We do need to figure out shooting slugs. Had one at about 60 yards and it was tough to hit. We had it zeroed in at 50 yards and changed the choke. Need to re-zero it.

I don't see any reason to lighten the springs either. The recoil with this ATI stock is modest and with the type of targets we shoot I don't think there is any advantage to lighter loads.

gerritm

Edited by gerritm