Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Press Monitor

The_Vigilante

Hi Gary,

I still have one available and I will build and hold it for you. Do you want the light gray case or the black case ($10) more? Also, what type of press do you need it for so I can prepare the wiring harness?

I will have two on display at show as well for everyone to test out and play with.

I'm planning on ordering more PCB's next week and building more...

Thanks!!!

Alan

Edited by alank2

Hi,

I'm going to work hard this week to build additional units to have available at the show as well. If anyone else is thinking about one, please post your color preference, black or light gray.

Thanks,

Alan

Hi,

murkish and High Lord Gomer: Both of orders shipped out today via USPS priority. You should have them Wed. or Thus. I would think. Drop me an email or PM when you get them if you have any questions!

slavex: I have had a few requests for a PC interface. My current design is using every microcontroller pin and nearly all of the available flash, so I won't be able to add it to the current design. Someday if I build a bigger unit I might have a 40x4 display and serial or usb interface. I would then have an application that could be used to monitor as well and/or configure the device via PC GUI. I'm not sure if I will ever build a larger unit however, I may try to build a less featured, less priced unit to see if that gives me another price point to offer.

I've also thought about an idea of a virtual press monitor. This would be a much smaller box with no buttons, no LCD, just a press connection and a PC USB connection. Then the user interface would be completely on the PC. The only downside here is that you would need a PC near your press. Maybe everyone has an old notebook they don't mind turning into their "reloading montitor".

Thanks,

Alan

What would be cool, would be an application to use a iPhone/iTouch. You could have a dock at the press, insert your iPod or iTouch into the dock during the reloading process and then when finished take the iPhone/iTouch back to your desk top.

A feature I would like to have is a computer data base of all of my load info by reloading lot. I like to load 1k to 2k at a time and then when I am done, I would like to be able to print out a label with all of the info on it. The label could then go in my data book or in the ammo container.

Kevin

a PC based one would rock, I've got a PC close enough that I could do that. and of course the I-Pod idea is genius, but sourcing parts to convert the signal over to the I-pod might be a bit much.

Hi Everyone,

Got back from the show tonight, it was a great and busy show as always. If any of you stopped by, please let me know how I did!! It was my first show demonstrating the Press Monitor.

glynnm45 - Did you stop by at the show? I saw so many people so I am not sure if I saw you or not...

murkish and High Lord Gomer - Did you guys get your switches mounted to your presses yet? Any questions from you guys? Just drop me an email to let me know how it is going and if you need any help.

I found a really great way to mount the press light on my 550 a few days ago, will post a picture on my website in the next day or so. Basically you get a 14 or 16 gauge copper wire or coat hanger wire. Just bend it about 2 inches from the end 180 degrees so that it comes right back on itself. The half circle the bend makes should be about 1/4" so when it is running parallel to itself it should be about 1/4" apart. Then turn bend it the same way again in the middle of the 2 inches so that you end up with sort of a four sided spring that presses outwards. This fits perfectly with good tenstion in the left hole in the back of the 550 on the left edge of where the toolhead inserts. Easily allows you to form the spring and aim the press light perfectly. I'll post a picture later that will probably make more sense than my description!!

Thanks,

Alan

Alan; I did speak with you Saturday and I thought you did a great presentation. If I understood you correctly you had sold the units you had available and was taking orders. Sounds like you had a very busy weekend. I discussed using the press monitor with my LM's. I visited your website when I got home, very nice.

Hi glynnm45,

Awesome! I'm glad you made it by. I appreciate the kind words on my presentation skills! It was very busy on Saturday especially. Today was a bit slower, but still had its busy moments.

I have two black units and two light gray units completed and ready to ship so if you want to order one on my site, I can ship it tomorrow. If you order one, let me know what type of press it is for in the order notes and I'll include everything you need for the press harness/sensors.

Thanks again,

Alan

• 1 year later...