Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$ 100K Grand American Challenge

warpspeed

The ATA got a donation of $ 100K with a string attached ; it is to be used as prize money, lump sum, at The Grand.

As you might guess, there have been more than a few complainers but I think it should increase the pucker factor a bit.

From the ATA website:

$100K Grand American Challenge!

The Amateur Trapshooting Association is proud to announce the first ever $100,000 Grand American Challenge courtesy of Bill and Lee Ann Martin! Competitors in the Grand American World Trapshooting Championships will have a chance to compete for this "winner-takes-all" purse on Saturday, August 14, 2010. During the Grand American, nine Handicap events will take place and a qualifier of each of those events will have a chance to shoot-off for the $100,000 prize. The last shooter standing will walk away with it all!

http://shootata.com/Content/News/100K_Grand_American_Challenge.aspx

sounds like some a sandbaggers dream, haha. i know its supposed to be set up to be fair, ive heard way too many stories from my Dad ( who has shot The Grand a bunch of times and won it a couple i think-division win maybe, im not sure). sounds like fun tho! :)