Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My first Revo Match

I shot my first match with a revolver this weekend after shooting Open for several years and finished in second place. It was a lot of fun but it's a whole new game. Oh did I mention I also finished last!

Congrats PJ. Welcome to the fun side of shooting. It is a different game and most revo shooters will say it's a lot more fun. What gun are you using? Speed loaders or moon clips?

If you need an action job there is no one better than Apex Tacticle. I've had Randy do five of my guns and have been happy with each one. I also understand Carmoney does a fine job but I haven't seen his work first hand.

Good luck on your shooting. It dosn't matter if you are the only one there you will compete against yourself and learn new things every week.

Wecome to wheelgun competition. :cheers:

It sounds like you had fun, and I hope that you shoot revolver some more. How did all of the reloads go for you? I can imagine that going from open to revolver required multiple more reloads than you were accustomed.

Shooting revolver does require an adjustment in how you deal with stages. After having shot revolver almost exclusively in USPSA and IDPA, I cannot see myself shooting any other division. Knowing that I will have to make several more reloads than auto shooters, makes it all the more sweet when I see that I have finished stages ahead of them.

Wecome to wheelgun competition. :cheers:

It sounds like you had fun, and I hope that you shoot revolver some more. How did all of the reloads go for you? I can imagine that going from open to revolver required multiple more reloads than you were accustomed.

Shooting revolver does require an adjustment in how you deal with stages. After having shot revolver almost exclusively in USPSA and IDPA, I cannot see myself shooting any other division. Knowing that I will have to make several more reloads than auto shooters, makes it all the more sweet when I see that I have finished stages ahead of them.

I had a lot of fun but my reloads were pitiful! As soon as I learn to count to 6 things should improve! This is a lot harder than blasting away with my open gun.

It is a different game and most revo shooters will say it's a lot more fun.

An Open Division shooter I know says that shooting a revolver in IPSC is a lot like masturbation; fun to do but ugly to watch. :surprise::sick:

Welcome to revo world !!! Just a little helpful hint that I learned when starting out with revo, the audable "click" after the 6th bang, means reload

Ahem... John it is called the "seventh round indicator". Let's use the proper nomenclature... :cheers: later rdd