Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Infinity Single Stack Magwell

BigDave

Guest Larry Cazes

Dave, I asked this one a while back but got no replies. I have an STI trojan that my wife uses as a backup gun for L10 that I was considering one for. The price is a bit steep, though, at $150!

Larry

Never seen one.

I have a Wilson magwell/mainspring housing combo (2 separate pieces held together by the MS housing pin) that was about 1/2 the price. Ed Brown makes one where the well bolts on to the bottom of the MS housing, and S&A make a one piece unit. $150 sounds way expensive, especially if it doesn't do substantially more than the 3 I mentioned.

DD

Hi Steve,

I'm the guy who had the SVI SS magwell in the other thread. IMO, it is an awesome magwell. Very well made and ingenious in the way it is attached. As you can see in the pic, there is a lot of material on the inside that can be blended to your liking.

If I were building another SS I would use one.

I sold the one I had to Ross. Maybe he will tell us how his project with it came out.

• 3 weeks later...

Here ar some quick (poor quality) photos. They forgot the elongated mainsping housing retaining pin, so it is just suck on there and I can't test the screws that hold the well in place. They said they'd send the pin out today.

Here is a link of directions on hold it is held on from SVI:

www.sviguns.com/technical/magwell.html

caspian1.jpg

caspian2.jpg

caspian3.jpg

Guest Larry Cazes

GTO, thanks for the photos. Since I can no longer purchase an Ed Brown maxiwell with a wedge housing, I've decided I will be getting one of these with a wedge housing from S&A. Looks like it will be really nice once it is blended to the frame well.

Larry,

Singlestack is right. The mainspring is machined to allow the two screws in the magwell to grip the mainspring retaining pin (I think that's right). Call them because they did have options for the mainspring housing.

Steve

• 2 months later...

Anybody know if the mainspring housing is included with magwell, or do you have to modify the mainspring housing on your pistol? I saw one on a pistol and want one.

Steve.

Edited to add: I just reread the post and saw Singlestacks reply about having to use SVI's mainspring housing. So I guess the question is Does it come with the mainspring housing or is it seperate? I couldnt find it on SVI's website and the technical page on installing the magwell doesn't specify. Thanks

Steve