Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mods to improve reliability on a Buckmark for Steel Challenge

dbarrym

Lookin' good! B)

You know that you can add an oversized mag release to any Buckmark.

I did, guessing it's a drill/tap the stock button and mount a 1911 style oversize release?

Also going to do the reverse spring/polished sear trick, but not before the wife tries it out. Not sure I want her to shoot a 2.5 lb trigger yet!

Barry

A .25 brush is great for cleaning the chamber. And that needs to be done every now and then.

There are couple of places that is always good to check.

- chamber is clean (the plop test)

- sight/rail screws are tightened

- Magazines follower is clean (yeah even it accumulates quite a bit of dirt in the frontside)

- Firingpin "hole"

- under the extractor is clean (well the whole breechface)

- Barrelramp clean

- check that crud hasn't build up in the front part of the recoilspring rod. This one place that easily doesn't get cleaned.

- Use oil sparingly, no need to drench it in oil... Oil+crud is major jammer.

Some ammo just don't work. That's a reality :) They use very different powders. They might have the same velocitys but the burnrate is a lot different. Some ammo are clearly designed for rifles and some for pistols. I have found CCI std to work best for training on my gun. For match ammo, stingers or lapua. But this varies on every gun. And some ammo are reaaaally dirty. I can shoot 7k of cci std with pretty much no troubles but shoot 300 rounds of SK "magazine" ammo and my BM will stop working.

_smaller.jpg

Couple of different ammo put through chrono

Now ready to rock and roll....hoping the tweaks and ammo experiments result in a reliable and fun steel gun. Next SSA family rimfire steel match is in May, the wife is actually excited about the new toy. Might have to get another one...for me!

Barry

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3226.jpg

Man let me know how that thing shoots. It sure looks great! I had those exact parts in the shopping cart at Tactical Soulutions three days ago and the I decide to wait a couple weeks. :(