Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack

cferree

I’m looking for some guidance on a purchasing a Single Stack 1911 Airsoft. I’ve done a couple of searches, but most of the results point at wide body guns. I’d prefer a non-tactical rail model (I’d like for it to fit my single stack holster). I shoot my open gun 400-500 rounds a week, so I’d rather pay a little more up front for a single stack that’s durable. Please give me some suggestions, and where you purchased your would be great too

You shoot Single Stack Open?

I'm not so sure what a "non-tactical rail" is...but here's a full metal railed model: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_WE_WE_1911_Tactical_Railed.htm

Here's a non-railed full metal version MEU (you can change the grips if you don't like the wrap-arounds : http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_WE_WE_MEU_Black_with_Pro_Grips.htm

These are not high quality, but they are the better of the full metal 1911's (single stack, that's not an A1 model).

Sadly, airsoft manufactures do not produce expensive high quality guns, hence the reason for "building" them.

They are all made of zinc alloy and/or plastic.

Here's the WE line up (if you prefer to buy from a USA retailer): http://www.airsoftpost.com/index.php?cPath=21_45_252

There are some others single stack 1911's listed ^ there, that have protruding, threaded barrels...you could always buy one and cut off the threaded portion. Or buy a replacement outer barrel.

Or you could always build an airsoft gun that cost more than a real Kimber.

Edited by the4thpower3

I got my 1911, its a MEU style. I chose that model because it had a 'Novak" style sight and Ambi safety Just like my 'real' 1911

I purchased from AIRSOFT GI. They were good to deal with. I have had it for about 6or 7 months and have not had a problem with it. check out thier site

got mine from Mannyusa.com and love it! its got a rail on it and wouldnt fit my regular holster so i had to buy a new one, but it wasnt a huge deal. Great practice tool and Manny is really slick to deal with! :cheers:

got mine from Mannyusa.com and love it! its got a rail on it and wouldnt fit my regular holster so i had to buy a new one, but it wasnt a huge deal. Great practice tool and Manny is really slick to deal with! :cheers:

I would buy from Manny in a heart beat. You can't find a better guy for anything!

I'm in the market for a single stack myself. I have a hicapa but I'm not pleased with its accuracy. I'm talking 3 to 5 inches at 25 feet or so. What kind of accuracy are you getting from the meu's?

Dave

Edited by Shezer

• 5 months later...

Looking at the guns in the AirSoftPost/Evike link from post #2. The Novak guns from We Tech are single stack with Novak style sights GP_SG_Novak_2Tone, GP_SG_Novak_Silver or GP_SG_Novak_Black. If the gun magazine is listed as 15+1 or 16+1 it's got the single stack magazine. This model comes with 2 mags and is cheaper GP_WE_WE047_2mag. Caspian trade marked with 2 mags GP_WE_45MRB_TBD. If you like tan with 2 mags GP_WE_MEU_DE_2Mag. Airsoft GI is also good to do business with and I know people that had good luck with Shorty USA.