Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex 1-4 scope

TXMXRACER

I'm unhappy and I preordered mine in May, but have had empty rings since March. Finally broke down and got an Accupoint TR24g. Because I went ahead and bought the accupoint, they will probably start shipping tommorow. :goof:

Ive been running the Razor since CMMG. I actually like the reticle. Its fast on the close stuff and easy to find the reticle on the LR. The only gripe I have is with the illum. It washes out. Ive talked to the guys at Vortex and they are working on it. Its a very clear scope and the turrets are good to go.

I'm unhappy and I preordered mine in May, but have had empty rings since March. Finally broke down and got an Accupoint TR24g. Because I went ahead and bought the accupoint, they will probably start shipping tommorow. :goof:

I can't even remember when I ordered my LT-139 but it's been sitting in my safe empty for god knows how long...

• 2 weeks later...

I can't even remember when I ordered my LT-139 but it's been sitting in my safe empty for god knows how long...

Hey Guys,

I realize some in this thread are talking about the Razor 1-4 and some the not yet released PST 1-4. So I will try to keep them separated here. I am out here at the RM3g so if you are here come on by the Coor's center. I was set up tonight for the Trijicon dinner and will be set up tomorrow at some point, most likely right after the match is over up until the 3g nation shoot off is done.

Anyways let me apologize for the delays with the PST's. We took a gamble by introducing them at SHOT and really thought we could deliver them late spring/early summer. It was always an estimate and we were very clear about that,as it is just impossible to set a firm release date, but we really thought we could do it(lesson learned). We are currently in the process of changing the internals of the turrets to have a better more resistant tactile feel. They felt pretty good already,but they just didnt have enough resistance and would leave the end user with the possibility of accidentally turning them with out knowing when,slung, getting it in and out of a bag/case and such and we cant have that. These scopes are our number one priority and we are sparing no cost to get them done correctly as quickly as possible.

As far as the illumination goes, yes the PST has brighter illumination than the Razor. The reason for this is that the reticle in the PST is in the second focal plane while the Razor is in the First and is subject to more light from the objective lense while the reticle in the PST sits a lot further way from the objective and is not subject to near as much light to drown it out.

We totally understand if you cant wait any longer and need a scope, but I am very confident in saying that the whole PST line are fantastic scopes and then when you consider the price point they are at it just makes them that much better. I cant tell you how many rounds I have behind each scope in the line and they all perform much better than the price bracket they are in.Through testing I honestly ,even through prototype testing, never had a catastrophic failure that would of taken me out of the game(which seriously impressed me).

Sincerely

Scott

Edited by Scott_at_Vortex

• 4 weeks later...

Forgive me if I am doing a no no :blush: , but has anyone heard anything recently about the 1:4x32 QR-TS PITBULL 35mm Tactical Compact Scope. I suspect it isn't working that well as other than the first post when it came out, there hasn't been much of a mention of it.

Kent

THere are many other options to consider in this genre of scopes...what about Safariland's CQ series, Konus Pro, Bushnell, Nikon's new 223 Tactical?

Thank you for taking the time to reply! Do you think the Safariland is different from the Pride Fowler CQLR series? I do love the fact that there are so many players in the game and yet it sure can be confusing... :blink: I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

• 3 weeks later...

I had a pre order since January and canceled it after I found out it is going to come out in 2011! Go read the thread on snipershide which is very informative on the situation. Great optics I had a 5-20 razor and liked it.