Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Boots (merged thread)

Philip Dedmon

I picked up a pair of Ridge Air-Tac Mids over the winter, no doubt a very well built boot. The air coushin in the heel is very comfortable to wear all day, it's also nice for shooting, as it places your weight more forward on your feet because of the shape of the insole, think of a good running shoe. It does take some gritting of the teeth to get broken in, the collar of boot near the speed hooks starts out VERY stiff and will hurt even through thick socks. After the first few days of break-in, its been smooth sailing.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singlestack:

If Botac has got them and that is what you want you better get them. I am pretty sure that the Scout boot has been discontinued by Bates.

I have a pair of these Converse and really like them.

Here is a link,

Converse Boots

I really like the Converse as well. I purchased mine through LAPoliceGear

Right now I have a pair of Asolo FSN 95 Gore-Tex Hiking Boot. The grip is alright, the durability is excellent, and they hold up good in water, but I find them a little to warm in the summer for my feet.

I am going to try the Merrell Chameleon II Ventilator shoe. I don't have any problems with my ankles and I am looking for a comfortable practical shoe.

http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/19016/

LE and military can order the Oakley boot in desert tan and usually get GSA pricing. Maybe Phil Strader can order us all a pair? :rolleyes: