Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From last year's thread, but we have a lot of new shooters coming:

Main gate entry ONLY until you have checked in at the visitors center. The main gate is on the Georgia side of Ft Benning where I-185 ends.

The gate is open 24 hours. Check in whenever it is convenient for you. All civilian vehicles entering Ft. Benning must have a "Visitor Pass". To obtain your visitor pass you must stop at the visitor center located on the left-hand side of Interstate 185 about 100 feet before the Main Gate checkpoint. (Interstate 185 South ends at the front gate of Fort Benning).

You MUST have a current driver's license, proof of insurance and a copy of the vehicle registration. If you are driving a rental vehicle the rental documents will serve as vehicle registration and insurance if obtained. At the Main Gate Checkpoint 100 percent ID check is required. The Visitor's Pass can be good for all days of the match so that you do not have to go through the process again on the second day. It can take 15 to 30 minutes, depending on how busy it is.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

I have a DOD decal and military ID, so do I just check in at the visitors center to turn in all the paper work??????

Stop to show them the weapons disclosure form. I also have a DOD decal and military dependent ID, so I do not need the visitors pass.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Disclosure and waiver printed, insurance card and registration together (had to go to DMV to get a copy, lost the original), ammo ready, long johns packed, .... Now just waiting to leave in the morning. See y'all soon! :sight:

Jesse, I feel ya. I tore my achilles tendon in two places back in the middle of Oct. First words out of my mouth as I'm sitting in the mud is "There goes Ft. Benning." I'm still shooting the match, but probably in my full length walking boot. Won't be competitive, but will have fun. Having a good thought for you.

Live Feeds: Stage 3 and 7 are off-air and stage 6 never loaded. Is this just my connection?

I was seeing something on stage 7 for about 15 minutes but then it went away too. Maybe tomorrow they will be live all day when everybody is shooting on all stages at once.

But I want to waste all my time today! :surprise:

Thanks to the AMU and Horus for doing this! :D

if slowsure, couldy or hop see this post can borrow 2 belt shot shell holders first thing friday morning?

was hoping to get the big shotgun stage later so i buy some from a vendor, but was not to be

thanks

PS seen guy today i thought i knew but the guy i knew had long hair, hop do you anything about that?

What an awesome day of shooting... Finished all 9 stages and they were all loads of fun. Stage 5 sucked a bit in the dark - 13 fricken C hits, didn't seem like there were 13 targets on that dang stage :angry2: Got to see my buddy T though so it was still fun :cheers:

This is the first Ft. Benning match I've missed and I'm here to tell you, this really sucks...

I feel your pain, I didn't try to get in this year, (work) But I got in Last year, and had to give up my spot when I Pinched a nerve in my back, Spending the Holidays laying on your back on the floor. JOY!!

I do hope they continue to have the match so that I might have the chance to shoot it.

Jim M ammo

This is the first Ft. Benning match I've missed and I'm here to tell you, this really sucks...

Yeah, I am about to head down to Florida (Frostproof), see Frank before he takes off again and shoot that Nok Down Steel Championship on Sunday. At least it will be warm.

Jack