Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

I am pretty sure I know the answer, but will ask it anyway. I am trying to decide if I want to shoot my .308 at the match or not. If shooting in Tac Optics you have to hit each target twice regardless of the caliber you are shooting correct? Thanks ahead of time for the answer.

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the post from Daniel Horner for the round counts & I understand it was before the stages were finalized but here is the count I got off the stage descriptions.

89 rifle, 65 shot, 25 slugs, & 109 pistol.

That about what you guys have seen?

MLM

I saw the post from Daniel Horner for the round counts & I understand it was before the stages were finalized but here is the count I got off the stage descriptions.

MLM

That's about what I count too, but I look at those numbers as minimums... I mean sometimes it'll take a few extra shots for me to clear a plate rack.

A dozen is a few... Isn't it?

I am pretty sure I know the answer, but will ask it anyway. I am trying to decide if I want to shoot my .308 at the match or not. If shooting in Tac Optics you have to hit each target twice regardless of the caliber you are shooting correct? Thanks ahead of time for the answer.

I read the rules and I believe you are correct.

MLM

I always plan on shooting 1.5 x the number listed, and bring 2x in case I am "EMBRACING THE SUCK" and really "enjoying" my match to its "full" potential :surprise::roflol:

Yeah that is the way I read the rules too. I am leaning towards shooting 5.56, but still might shoot 7.62 just for the fun factor...

Yeah that is the way I read the rules too. I am leaning towards shooting 5.56, but still might shoot 7.62 just for the fun factor...

OK....Now you have me thinking. I have a 308 that I would like to shoot, but I dont' want to go to HM (I have a 12 gauge pump, but I have never shot it). I need to get more 7.62 ammo and switch my optic from my .223 to the 308 and get it zeroed before the match if I do.

I'm a middle of the pack Tac Optics shooter, so I'm in it for the fun and not to make an early trip to the prize table.

Hmmm.....I'll do it if you do it. :goof:

I always plan on shooting 1.5 x the number listed, and bring 2x in case I am "EMBRACING THE SUCK" and really "enjoying" my match to its "full" potential :surprise::roflol:

"Embracing the Suck" :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

I almost spit up all my Coke Zero

"There is no charge for the Suckiness"

Edited by DMAC

OK....Now you have me thinking. I have a 308 that I would like to shoot, but I dont' want to go to HM (I have a 12 gauge pump, but I have never shot it). I need to get more 7.62 ammo and switch my optic from my .223 to the 308 and get it zeroed before the match if I do.

I'm a middle of the pack Tac Optics shooter, so I'm in it for the fun and not to make an early trip to the prize table.

Hmmm.....I'll do it if you do it. :goof:

I am in. This is my leave from Iraq, I am also middle of the pack TO shooter and totally in it for the fun. I am having too much fun with my new REPR so I am gonna run it. Palmetto State Armory is a great source for 7.62 ammo. I would switch to heavy metal, but don't find anything fun at all about a pump shotgun or single stack 1911.

You guys are correct. Whatever caliber you shoot in TO you will be scored on the best 2 hits.

Rifle distances, you should be prepared to take shots out to 400+ yards.

Daniel

400+ yards now i have to buy a Beta mag! :roflol:

OK 3-gunners, I've just got $5.00 off (great food) coupons from Players here in Columbus to go in our shooters packet. Now $5.00 off of a 16oz Sirloin that cost $9.95 = $4.95, or 2 Large Porkchops, or a 16oz Ham Steak, the list goes on and on. This also includes 2 sides. No I don't work there, I'm just trying to make your visit to Ft. Benning as fun as possible. Did I say that they have , Wine, Mixed Drinks, Great Sweet Tea, Darts, Video Games and Pool. They have about 30 tables and most important will have lots of security on duty in the parking lot just for us. This is a nice place on the north side of town and easy to find. My wife and I eat lunch there 3 to 5 times a week. They are a straight shot west, off of I-185 exit 8, 3 red lights on the left. About 10 mins from the check in station on I-185. You must be 18 years or older to enter.

Bring your stick and I'll show you how to play.

I posted this back on page 19 and I can't believe no-one has posted a reply. Last year I posted Chef Lee's. OK, not everybody likes Chinese but, Meat and Potatos/Real Food and fun to boot at a great price? What's up? Where do you guys go to eat at major matches anyway?

You can count on us, We never pass up a good steak... But being from San Angelo home of Zentner's Steakhouse and Lowake Steakhouse, the bar is set quite high!

I've had some realy good steaks there and never got a bad one.

Where do you guys go to eat at major matches anyway?

McDonalds, Outback, Longhorn, I can eat at these places on almost any major match. Here is a local place that has great food and is recommended by a local shooter. I just don't understand why an out of town shooter wouldn't want to try it.

If I were you I'd go the first night, so you will know where you'll be going the rest of the time your here.

Probably something like a 4X8 sheet of plywood that we'll have to hit with the grenade simulator launched by the M203 grenade launcher!:cheers:

What are we looking at on the left half of Stage 5 (the M203 stage)?

Guess I should get out the ol' M79 and start practicing....