Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

Will there be any extra match shirts?

Perhaps.

Sorry for the vague answer, but shirts were already ordered. We did order some extra. Some people who are withdrawing from the match still want the shirts (they are simply requesting a refund of match fee and asking for a friend to pick up the shirts). The people coming off the waiting list have shirt requests & I plan to honor these first from the available shirts. We may not have all the sizes by the time the match starts registration.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Linda, Have I told you how much I love and respect you?

Edited by Team Adam Carter

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fickle woman

You told me to bring you Coffee last time!

So what is it? Dark Chocolate or Coffee pods?

I need to pay up for being let in to shoot the match with the R.O.'s some how.

Not fickle: Practical woman with two specific favorites. Depends on your travel plans. Coffee holds up better with airline travel, Chocolate for people who drive. :devil:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Fickle woman

You told me to bring you Coffee last time!

So what is it? Dark Chocolate or Coffee pods?

I need to pay up for being let in to shoot the match with the R.O.'s some how.

Not fickle: Practical woman with two specific favorites. Depends on your travel plans. Coffee holds up better with airline travel, Chocolate for people who drive. :devil:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

OK, dark chocolate it is! ;)

• And, for Tactical Shotguns, there is a strict 8 rounds maximum in the tube (ghost loading is not allowed).

For the stages where you dont start with a round chambered, are you allowed to do 7 in the tube and one on the carrier?

This is my first Ft. Benning match. I am trying to book a flight to and from GA currently and I was wondering what time you veterans would expect that I could be back to the airport to catch a flight. There is a nice cheap little 4:10 flight that would be perfect but that may be cutting it close. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cheers:

Edited by jtischauser

This is my first Ft. Benning match. I am trying to book a flight to and from GA currently and I was wondering what time you veterans would expect that I could be back to the airport to catch a flight. There is a nice cheap little 4:10 flight that would be perfect but that may be cutting it close. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cheers:

We're playing it safe, so we're flying home at the crack of dawn Mon morning.

4.10 from ATL sounds a bit optimistic...

Really, anticipating getting to the airport if you stay through prizes-booking earlier than 7 would be tough.

• And, for Tactical Shotguns, there is a strict 8 rounds maximum in the tube (ghost loading is not allowed).

For the stages where you dont start with a round chambered, are you allowed to do 7 in the tube and one on the carrier?

I've worked this match as an RO for the past 7 years, so....

Tactical Shotguns may hold a maximum of 8 rounds in the tube. For an empty chamber start, Benelli's have always been allowed to start with one on the carrier (otherwise, Remington 1100's would have an unfair advantage). Since some of you have shotguns with 7 round tubes, we have permitted starting with 7 in the tube and one on the carrier. An 8 round tube will essentially start the same way, there will be 7 in the tube and one on the carrier. If you are caught with an 8 round tube and one on the carrier in a loaded chamber start (i.e., 8 plus 1 plus 1 for a total of 10) you will be moved to Open. And, if you are caught with 8 in the tube and one on the carrier (total 9) in an empty chamber start, you're moving to Open.

Answer your question gose?

Jesse I would look at something around 6 to 8 for leaving Atlanta.

I dont know what time we will finish up on sunday, but an hour and a half from Benning to the airport, and 2 hours early for a flight, thats 3.5 hours right there.

That 4:10 flight was out of Columbus. Since it is 2 hours to Atlanta from Columbus that means an acceptable 6:00 departure in Atlanta would be an acceptable 4:00 departure in Columbus. I guess I need to finish higher in the standings so I can get out of there sooner.

Is 3 Gun Nation doing a shoot off at the match?

Edited by jtischauser

I dont know what time we will finish up on sunday, but an hour and a half from Benning to the airport, and 2 hours early for a flight, thats 3.5 hours right there.

That 4:10 flight was out of Columbus. Since it is 2 hours to Atlanta from Columbus that means an acceptable 6:00 departure in Atlanta would be an acceptable 4:00 departure in Columbus. I guess I need to finish higher in the standings so I can get out of there sooner.

WE got Stuart to the air port some time close to 5 pm last year. I am not certain to when his flight left. Your main option is to let someone do the prize table for you and leave when you have to leave.

WE got Stuart to the air port some time close to 5 pm last year. I am not certain to when his flight left. Your main option is to let someone do the prize table for you and leave when you have to leave.

And if you make the 3GN shoot-off and are not there to participate, I would be glad to stand in for you! :)

I've worked this match as an RO for the past 7 years, so....

Tactical Shotguns may hold a maximum of 8 rounds in the tube. For an empty chamber start, Benelli's have always been allowed to start with one on the carrier (otherwise, Remington 1100's would have an unfair advantage). Since some of you have shotguns with 7 round tubes, we have permitted starting with 7 in the tube and one on the carrier. An 8 round tube will essentially start the same way, there will be 7 in the tube and one on the carrier. If you are caught with an 8 round tube and one on the carrier in a loaded chamber start (i.e., 8 plus 1 plus 1 for a total of 10) you will be moved to Open. And, if you are caught with 8 in the tube and one on the carrier (total 9) in an empty chamber start, you're moving to Open.

Answer your question gose?

Yupp, couldnt have made it any clearer, thanks :)

6.6.7 Tactical Shotguns may only hold 8 rounds maximum in the tube.

Ghost loading is specifically not allowed.

Scout454,

Rule posted above is new for this year. A ghost load is one on the carrier. The way I read it you can not start with one on the carrier anytime. That gos for Rem. 1100 as well as Benelli's.

gose,

May not be the answer you wanted to hear but, dims the rules.

Alan

"ghost loading" in my experience is when you put a round on the carrier when you are putting a round into the chamber (hence the term loading)to increase your starting capacity, not just having a round on the carrier that is still within the capacity limits of a division. This is just dropping a round out of the magazine tube that is within approved capacity, that isn't ghost loading, whcih is the ability to force one on the carrier from above before closing the bolt. But I have only been shooting an M1 since 1988 :cheers:

Edited by benelli2

Thanks Jeff

Gose, as Benelli2 says, when ghost loading you will place an additional round on the carrier when loading the chamber. It has nothing to do with dropping a round on the carrier while the chamber is empty and the bolt is down.

Remington 1100's do this automatically. With a loaded tube and an empty chamber on an 1100, all you have to do is rack the bolt.

On a Benelli, if the bolt is down and the tube is full **BUT** there is no round on the carrier, you would have to first: release a round from the magazine tube onto the carrier and second: rack the bolt. An extra step and I doubt that anyone - certainly not your average shooter - can get a first shot off as fast with a Benelli as they can with an 1100 under those conditions.

Yea thanks Jeff,

I maybe all wet (have been before) but....how is ghost loading (which is against the rules) different from staring with one on the carrier/lifter? Not meant to be argumentative but at the start, sounds like with the new rule, rounds have to be in the tube or in the chamber. No?

I understand about tube capacity and getting an extra round in the gun by "ghost loading" thereby upping your capacity to: 1 in the chamber, 1 on the carrier/lifter, 7 in the tube (if your gun can only hold 7 in the tube) = 9 in the gun. This year the new rule forbids the 1 on the carrier/lifter at the start. No? What am I missing?

Is it the physical action of "ghost loading" that is against the rules, for time/safety concerns. but the net result (1 on the carrier/lifter) is "OK"?

Alan

Struggling in left field.

Yea thanks Jeff,

I maybe all wet (have been before) but....how is ghost loading (which is against the rules) different from staring with one on the carrier/lifter? Not meant to be argumentative but at the start, sounds like with the new rule, rounds have to be in the tube or in the chamber. No?

I understand about tube capacity and getting an extra round in the gun by "ghost loading" thereby upping your capacity to: 1 in the chamber, 1 on the carrier/lifter, 7 in the tube (if your gun can only hold 7 in the tube) = 9 in the gun. This year the new rule forbids the 1 on the carrier/lifter at the start. No? What am I missing?

Is it the physical action of "ghost loading" that is against the rules, for time/safety concerns. but the net result (1 on the carrier/lifter) is "OK"?

Alan

Struggling in left field.

I hope somebody from the AMU will clarify this officially. But here is my take based on comon sense and reading the rules word for word.

Tactical shotguns may only hold 8 rounds max in the tube. Ghost loading is specifically not allowed.

Now, filling your tube up to max of 8 and clicking the shell release to eject one onto the lifter while the bolt is closed on an empty chamber is a normal loading process for a Benelli. It is not ghost loading, and does nothing to increase the capacity or give an advantage to someone shooting a Benelli.

Ghost loading is filling the tube to max of 8 and retracting the bolt 2/3 of the way back and dropping a shell down onto the lifter and then sticking a second shell in the chamber and letting the bolt go forward for a total of 10 in the gun. Not a normal operation by any means and the intent of which is addressed by the rules.

A shell is on the lifter in both cases, but they are NOT the same thing.

Edited by mpeltier