Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

Hey guys I just fixed the link. If you run across anything else shoot me an email to daniel@danielhorner.com

Thanks!

Wow, looks like we're in for some fun! Thank you Mr. Horner!

1 question, is stage one that building we've seen on TV that is used for sniper training?

Thanks,

Chris

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a very interesting match. I am so happy to be able to be attending.

A couple questions: Is there a 'Surprise Stage' this year? I see 9 posted stages and 9 place holders for scoring.I assume that as in the past we shoot 4-4-2, but with only 9 stages would this be 4-4-1 or 3-3-3? the 4-4-1 would certainly get us all on the way home earlier if it is 9 stages.

For the record, I think I'd try for this match if it were one stage, because it would be 'THE' stage of a lifetime.

17 days, wake up and drive!

Looks like a very interesting match. I am so happy to be able to be attending.

A couple questions: Is there a 'Surprise Stage' this year? I see 9 posted stages and 9 place holders for scoring.I assume that as in the past we shoot 4-4-2, but with only 9 stages would this be 4-4-1 or 3-3-3? the 4-4-1 would certainly get us all on the way home earlier if it is 9 stages.

For the record, I think I'd try for this match if it were one stage, because it would be 'THE' stage of a lifetime.

17 days, wake up and drive!

We have had only 9 stages for the last few years. To see the schedule from last year, see the attached pdf file. And, no, I do not have a schedule yet for this year, since, like you, I just saw the stages yesterday. This year the schedule will be similar to last year, although breaks will occur at different times (based on where the off-site ranges fall). And getting score sheets designed & updating the scoring program is a bigger priority, so I will not be working on schedules or squadding until MUCH closer to the match.

09schedule.pdf

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

I really do not want to see the vast majority of 3Gnrs in fishnets, high heels, Bustiers, or any other form of fantasy clothing. I get violent shudders even remotely considering this image. 17 days

A dress, heels and a handbag... But at least he'shooting in Heavy Metal or He-man div. With that iron sighted .30cal

2ab0c1be.jpg

I really do not want to see the vast majority of 3Gnrs in fishnets, high heels, Bustiers, or any other form of fantasy clothing. I get violent shudders even remotely considering this image. 17 days

A dress, heels and a handbag... But at least he'shooting in Heavy Metal or He-man div. With that iron sighted .30cal

2ab0c1be.jpg

The "Klinger Squad", this could push the hot tub stage down a level or two.

I just asked that question last night

Ms. Linda has confirmed that Food will be avalible on the range for those shooters who do not wish to pack a lunch and who fear a missed feeding cycle would hamper their game.

she also comfirmed that there will be food for the Thursday R.O. shoot as well.

Now If you will excuse me, I've got to go and pack ammo & gear to ship out to the hotel.

There should be a special trophy for the most last minute waiting list shooter to get a slot and actually make it to the match.... I'm thinkin' a few horse shoes welded together in the shape of a four leafed clover. ;-)

Got a question, I see that in tac irons no ports are allowed on the shotgun. I have a Mossberg 930 with a 24inch barrel, it is ported.....

Is it possible for me to cover the ports with a piece of material and use say a Nordic clamp over the material covering the ports to essentiallly "remove" the ports? I dont want to be bumped to open due to the ports being covered up but someone saying "he has a ported barrel", if need be Ill borrow a shotgun that does not have a ported barrel but I would like to be able to shoot my own gun.

Will there be any extra match shirts?

Perhaps.

Sorry for the vague answer, but shirts were already ordered. We did order some extra. Some people who are withdrawing from the match still want the shirts (they are simply requesting a refund of match fee and asking for a friend to pick up the shirts). The people coming off the waiting list have shirt requests & I plan to honor these first from the available shirts. We may not have all the sizes by the time the match starts registration.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician