Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I just scrolled through 18 pages of posts :wacko: after searching the fb3g website & must have missed it somewhere but where & when is the check in? I'm sure I missed it somewhere but my eyes are starting to go crossed. All right, they aren't starting, they already are but anyway, could somebody help a fellow out here? :D

Thanks,

MLM

Ok, I just scrolled through 18 pages of posts :wacko: after searching the fb3g website & must have missed it somewhere but where & when is the check in? I'm sure I missed it somewhere but my eyes are starting to go crossed. All right, they aren't starting, they already are but anyway, could somebody help a fellow out here? :D

Thanks,

MLM

Back in late May, I sent a VERY long confirmation message with all those details.

Registration

You must complete registration at the Range or the Host Hotel. If you want someone else to pick up your registration materials, they MUST have a signed note from you. The note should be typed or printed and the names of both shooters must be legible. There is a Waiver of Liability and the Weapons Disclosure form that you will need to fill out before arrival to the match. These are NOT available yet, and I will notify you once they are on the match website (
they are available now
). You will need to bring them with you to Ft. Benning.

Registration Times:

Thursday Shooters

At the Host Hotel (The Holiday Inn Express - Columbus Northlake)

* Wednesday, December 1, 2010 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm

At the Range

* Wednesday, December 1, 2010 from 12:30 pm to 5:00 pm

* Thursday, December 2, 2010 from 7:00 am to 8:15 am

Friday – Saturday – Sunday Shooters

At the Host Hotel (The Holiday Inn Express - Columbus Northlake)

* Thursday, December 2, 2010 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm

At the Range

* Thursday, December 2, 2010 from 12:30 pm to 5:00 pm

* Friday, December 3, 2010 from 6:30 am to 7:30 am

Friday AM registration should be a "last resort option." If the match is going to start on time, you are strongly encouraged to register Thursday afternoon or night. In addition, you must attend the shooters meeting that will be held 30 minutes prior to the designated start time.

*Sigh*

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico

Thanks Linda. I knew I had seen the info somewhere but looking through 3000 emails back to May never occured to me. I appreciate you reposting this a lot! I thought I had just missed it somehow on the website or in this forum.

Can hardly wait for the match!

MLM

I was just looking at the rules regarding holsters. It says the belt must be worn at waist level, but can I use a drop leg holster, or must the holster also be at waist level?

:unsure:

Sorry to ask again... can anyone clarify this for me?? Am I better off with a drop leg holster (if I can use one), to free up room on the belt, or just stick with my Bladetech DOH kydex belt rig?

Edited by Inadaze

what I did is wear a Blade-Tech off set drop holster on the belt and put ammo (I .E.) 12 ga. shell holders on my drop thigh holder

you still get more space on the belt and no longer have to worry about your firearm "is it legal and worse is it still in my holster"?

just another 2 cents tossed in

I was just looking at the rules regarding holsters. It says the belt must be worn at waist level, but can I use a drop leg holster, or must the holster also be at waist level?

Sorry to ask again... can anyone clarify this for me?? Am I better off with a drop leg holster (if I can use one), to free up room on the belt, or just stick with my Bladetech DOH kydex belt rig?

Drop leg holsters are legal.

I strongly suggest that you do NOT wear a floppy nylon holster with limited or no retention. If the handgun falls out, you go home.

Stick with Blade Tech, Safariland (military or LEO), Blackhawk or similar.

I've used Blade Tech Dropped and offset (starting in the 90's) and the Blackhawk Level 2 Serpa (for the past 4 years) with absolutely no problems at all.

It Xmas early for the wait list Smurfs. my best friend just confirmed that he can not get the time off work , so he will be contacting Linda this week. That will also free up a room split at the match hotel

I think I fixe the post,

I don't have to drink to mess up any thing written. I miss spelled my name last weeek

Edited by AlamoShooter

Drop leg holsters are legal.

I strongly suggest that you do NOT wear a floppy nylon holster with limited or no retention. If the handgun falls out, you go home.

Stick with Blade Tech, Safariland (military or LEO), Blackhawk or similar.

I've used Blade Tech Dropped and offset (starting in the 90's) and the Blackhawk Level 2 Serpa (for the past 4 years) with absolutely no problems at all.

Cool. I was thinking of getting the level 2 Serpa drop leg rig, or the Safariland. I think I like the serpa better, not sure I like the way the safariland operates. I'll have to have a nice close look at both.

Thanks.

All of the bays are in one long line, with a nice grassy parking lot. A stroller or cart will work great. Linda says she will add 50 match points if it is bright pink...

Got it. Matches my guns and sunglasses.

this must be all in jest, because I could see this getting out of hand very quickly

It's too late. I've already shaved my legs and I'm getting my eyebrows and bikini wax tomorrow.

Edited by DMAC

Haha no the 26 slugs are all very reasonable... ish... You don't need a long zero for any of them.

This week is our junior clinic, so the stages should be up shortly after that is complete.

Any news on those stages? :)

50 match points for Pink?

is it only the combat stroler or will any Susan G Komen pink item work for the match bonus points?

Hmmm. . .

Dark Roast coffee or Dark Chocolate in a pink bag might work - but then, so would ANY color bag, bow or wrapping with the right coffee & chocolate. I actually dislike the color pink. Perhaps you are all thinking about Sandra.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

OK 3-gunners, I've just got $5.00 off (great food) coupons from Players here in Columbus to go in our shooters packet. Now $5.00 off of a 16oz Sirloin that cost $9.95 = $4.95, or 2 Large Porkchops, or a 16oz Ham Steak, the list goes on and on. This also includes 2 sides. No I don't work there, I'm just trying to make your visit to Ft. Benning as fun as possible. Did I say that they have :cheers: , Wine, Mixed Drinks, Great Sweet Tea, Darts, Video Games and Pool. They have about 30 tables and most important will have lots of security on duty in the parking lot just for us. This is a nice place on the north side of town and easy to find. My wife and I eat lunch there 3 to 5 times a week. They are a straight shot west, off of I-185 exit 8, 3 red lights on the left. About 10 mins from the check in station on I-185. You must be 18 years or older to enter.

Bring your stick and I'll show you how to play. :sight::sight::sight:

Stages are now posted, but clicking on the the thumbnail for Stage 7 brings up the detail for Stage 6. All in all, very interesting - looking forward to my first visit.

You can get a look at stage 7 by typing 7 in place of the 6 in the URL in your browser navigation bar.