Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6.4.4 Tactical Class scoped rifles may be equipped with no more than

one (1) optical sight.

Tactical Class Scoped: Use whatever optic you want (as long as there's only one). It can be a scope, dot, dot with magnifier... pick your poison.

6.4.5 Tactical Iron Class rifles may be equipped with one 1x power optic

(Iron sights are also allowed).

Don't read anything into it. You can use a 1x optic and/or Irons.

If you shoot a dot in Tac-Irons you do not have to mount a set of irons on your rifle at all.

Most important

Round count:

131 Rifle

123 Pistol

106 Shot

26 Slug

(subject to change without notice)

Stages are being finalized and should be posted soon. Good luck everybody!!!

Daniel Horner

I have a rules question. There was a change that said "no ghost loading" and 8 rounds maximum in a shotgun tube. If I have a 7+1+1 Benelli do I have to start all stages with only 7 in the tube +1 in the pipe (loaded start) or is the "no ghost loading" only applicable to guns that will hold 8 in the tube?

Thanks, Hurley

Under 6.7 Heavy Metal Class

6.7.1.3 no optical sights on the rifle

Just copied the following from the FB3G website:

6.7.1.3 One 1x power optical sight is allowed in this class (Iron

sights are also allowed).

Looks like a 1x optic is HM legal.

Under 6.7 Heavy Metal Class

6.7.1.3 no optical sights on the rifle

Just copied the following from the FB3G website:

6.7.1.3 One 1x power optical sight is allowed in this class (Iron

sights are also allowed).

Looks like a 1x optic is HM legal.

I stand absolutely corrected - in red letters, no less. In my humble defense, there are sets of rules out there that are different from each other. Your reference to the rules posted on the website pretty much answers the question. thanks

What time does shooting usually finish up each day?

I was going to stay with a friend but she has decided that might not be the best idea for whatever stupid reason, so now I am looking at either driving home and back down each day, or staying in a room for the weekend. If shooting is done by 3 every day then Id prob drive home ... but if its not gonna be finished till closer to 5 or 6 Ill more than likely get a room.

Anyone wanna split the cost of a room?

We were finishing up at / after dark. There were delays/backups at several stages. It would be worth the cost of a room. No reason to throw away a match because you are exhausted/tired from driving.

Or late due to traffic issues (road construction, vehicle accidents, etc).

I'd look for a room (Orbitz still list some deals - same with Travelocity).

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Edited by LChico

The only thing that bridge is good for is a fuel for a nice fire on those cold Ft. Benning mornings.....

Man... All the hate for "the bridge". LOL

Put it on wheels and move it around for every stage!

C'mon... Where's y'alls sense of adventure?!

My first time for this match and I'm really looking forward to it. Wondering if I might find some help though. I'm coming from Canada and I need to get some Beretta mags for my 92FS 9mm. Everything I own is restricted to 10 rounds, and I was hoping to find some inexpensive full capacity (15 round) mags in the US for use at the match?

Thanks,

My first time for this match and I'm really looking forward to it. Wondering if I might find some help though. I'm coming from Canada and I need to get some Beretta mags for my 92FS 9mm. Everything I own is restricted to 10 rounds, and I was hoping to find some inexpensive full capacity (15 round) mags in the US for use at the match?

Thanks,

You should be able to get some in Columbus. Try Ranger Joes's-if they don't have them, they will know a place you can get them.

Am I correct in believing that a rifle sling will not be needed?

We never had to use the sling as part of a stage last year. However, I would've liked to have had one handy that I could clip into for some of the down time, if just to keep the rifle safe and muzzle-down with hands free.

FWIW

Edited by Blockhead

Thanks,

Im sure the boys from AMU could loan you a couple. if not IM me and Ill bring some down for you to use.

Can anyone tell me if it's worth bringing a modified stroller 3 gun cart for this match or is it not really helpful like at the BRM3G?

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes - that will be a good idea.

No personal motorized carts, ATV's, or golf carts.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Does anyone know of a good RV park somewhere near the correct entrance to the range? Some so called "RV parks" are little more than a place to park in the middle of a big trailer park full of drug deals. I prefer sleeping at night to listening to fights & police sirens. hahahahaha.

Can hardly wait for the match!

MLM